TTC after cerazette

Gemcake

Reaction score
Hi.
So I was on cerazette for almost 2 years and have now come off as me and husband are TTC. It's been 4 weeks and I haven't had a withdrawal bleed or anything. Apart from cramps which went off for a couple of weeks but have now returned. Feeling slightly sick today and just generally weird. My worry is I came off Cerazette mid-pack (7 days in) as I took it over our honeymoon and stopped when we got home as I didn't want to risk a period while on honeymoon. Has anyone have good experiences of coming off Cerazette mid-pack? Or any words of advice. I know the body can take a while to get back to normal but just seems so long having not had a withdrawal bleed. Surely the hormones must have settled by now?
Any advice would be appreciated. Would a doctor visit be worth it? I don't like to bother them for no reason.
Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure as I'm allergic to the pill but I've heard it can mess some people up for absolutely ages. So I think if af hadn't shown in a week or two let your doc know :)

I had the coil and took 7 weeks to get my period back - it's similar hormone to cerazette. Just gota wait i'm afraid...id probably leave it a while cause not much to be done at the mo apart from wait im afraid...i am in medicine so not just saying that! It will return. These things can be really variable unfortunately. Hope doesnt sound too mean!

Cerazette is progesterone only pill unlike the combined one that also has oestrogen. Cerazette has a longer window compared to some pop pills as you can only take them up to three hours late, cerazette stops being effective after 12 hours of it missing it. Whereas the combined can be up to 24 hours. So basically you can catch pregnancy straight away.

I was on this and I blame it partly for my issues, don't want to scare you though. 4 weeks is still early so don't worry too much yet. I think my first bleed came 7 weeks after, just keep track and hopefully your hormones will settle soon, but it can take up to a year to regulate completely. Good luck x

Last edited:
Thank you for all the advice. Seems like waiting it out is the only option. Good to hear from people who have been on this pill.
Fingers crossed by body doesn't take too long to sort itself out.

I waited around 3 months after stopping taking cerazette for normal AF to return. Frustrating when you've decided you want a baby now! Give it a couple more months and you could try temping to track your cycle in the meantime x

Hiya I was on this and when I stopped it I didn't have a withdrawal bleed either I was actually pregnant straight away! But I know from other pills I've been on it can sometimes take up to 6 weeks hope this helps

Thanks again. Withdrawal bleed arrived with a bang today. Bad cramps but definitely arrived. So I'm pleased. I know it's not me period but it's a sign that my body is heading back to normal. Only took 5 weeks and a day. So happier now. Just got to wait it out for my first period to arrive then I can start tracking.

Just thought I would update, especially for anyone reading this for hope. I came off Cerazette on 12th September (mid-pack), withdrawal arrived 18th October (5weeks and a day later) and glad to say my period has just arrived so 4 weeks after that. Pretty much when my phone app predicted. I hope people have a smooth time coming off Cerazette. I won't be going on this one again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back