TTC after an early M/C

Discussion in 'Pregnancy After Loss' started by MissGobby, Jan 15, 2008.

1. MissGobby

MissGobby Well-Known Member

i had a M/C on Friday, Dr thought i was 5/6 weeks pregnant. me and OH want to start TTC again straight away and i have now stopped bleeding - the thing is, i cant seem to stop thinking about it and i know the more i worry/think about it the longer its going to take for me to fall pregnant again - im going round in circles!!!

i dont know what to do, i want to fall pregnant asap and after the M/C its made me want a baby soooo much even though that pregnant was not planned.

sorry for the moan girls :(

2. lauramumof2

lauramumof2 Well-Known Member

Hun, I think it is far to soon to make a decision. I miscarried on Thursday, the sadness is unbearable but I know that I cant make any decisions just now.

I think if you were going to ttc then you should give it a few months to let your body get back to fitness. Think about what your uterus has been through. It might need a wee recupperation time.

Only you know if the time is right, go easy on yourself. :hug:

3. Rosebay

Rosebay Well-Known Member

I just want to say how sorry I am to hear of both your losses. Miss Gobby- it's kind of up to you hun. I know what it's like after a m/c the drive TTC again can be really really strong. We waited until after my first period but mostly because I wanted to be sure about dates etc- you can get a positive result for weeks after your m/c you see and so you might not know whether you have a new BFP if you see what I mean. Obviously it becomes clear as time goes on but it can be a bit stressful in what is already a stressful time to not know for sure.

I think I'm quite glad I gave my body a bit of a break really- it has been 3 cycles since my m/c and the first one I was still incredibly hormonal as well as devastated emotionally. You also have to ask yourself if you're ready for the first tri. I am freaking out a bit here as I have some light brown discharge today. I almost had a panic attack when I saw it after what happened in September, I think I would have been in hysterics a month or two ago.

Anyway big hugs to you both :hug: :hug:
    +++

4. Emma79

Emma79 Well-Known Member

It's only natural to want to TTC as soon as possible after a m/c, I know I did, and there's really no right or wrong answer, you've got to do what feels right. I know what it feels like to want to be pg again straight away; when I m/c in August all I could think about was getting pg again but I don't know whether, if I had fallen again straight away, I was emotionally ready. Personally I would say give yourself some time but whatever you decide, take it easy x

5. sarah113

sarah113 Well-Known Member

I feel the same at the moment too, but me and OH have spoke about it and i think im ready to start TTC again after my first AF.

6. Slinky Sarah

Slinky Sarah Well-Known Member

we started trying 2 months after the m/c....we are now on month 5
    it is emotionally draining anyway but add the loss in and its even harder to deal with each bfn....
    only you know when you are ready hun xxx good luck

7. MissGobby

MissGobby Well-Known Member

well i tested this morning ( i know i should have done it last friday :oops: ) but it was a negative - so i definately know that when i get my BFP (hopefully soon :pray: ) it will be a new pregnancy!

i am feeling much better today - we are on the lookout for a house and so not thinking about TTC hardly at all so hoping that will help!

:pray:

8. Lianatoot

Lianatoot Well-Known Member

Yeah I think as everyone says...Its totaly natural to wanta start trying again...I am having this dilema now...I m/c 10 days ago...and I wanta start TTC ASAP! But...I think maybe my body needs a break after the D&C this week and all, as I only had that done last tuesday.

:hug: