TTC after a very real Phantom Pregnancy

Sarahme

Reaction score
Hi all,

I feel completely stupid to say I've have a phantom pregnancy but it's the truth. Me and my husband wern't trying for a baby and wanted to wait a little while longer. But accidents happen and I decided against the morning after pill. I was 3 weeks late for my period and tested and it was a positive on 2 digital tests then my period arrived. So I would have been 7 weeks pregnant. I didn't have a heavy period or cramps or pain but assumed it to be a miscarriage. I went to the Drs just to check everything was okay and my blood test came back negative and that was that, he said he digital tests could have been faulty.

Then over the past few months I've had car sickness, sickness some afternoon, exhaustion and I've actually felt something moving inside me. I even used my Doppler and could hear that windy placenta sound. I have a daughter and recognised them baby like movements. So I went to the dr and he tested for pregnancy as well as lots of other things and everything came back normal. He told me that often when somebody wants a baby that much they actually can have the symptoms and think they are pregnant. It felt very real, my periods have been lighter and cramp free, I'm still feeling movement and still feel pregnant. The only difference now is I know I'm not pregnant. It's a bit embarrassing. Crazy how the body can react. I even had this thing I had with my daughter where I'd wake up during the night with a dry mouth.

So now me and the husband think it's a good time to start trying......well my husband wants to try more than me. I wanted a few holidays and to enjoy our daughter a bit longer. But it feels right to start again. My girl is 2 yrs old now and it will be a good age gap. We actually started trying this month but I think probably too late in the game.

So here I am.....I thought I'd welcome myself. My question is.....I remember this app. You could record temperature, symptoms, periods and all that sort of thing. Does anyone know what it's called?

Last edited:
Hi all,

I feel completely stupid to say I've have a phantom pregnancy but it's the truth. Me and my husband wern't trying for a baby and wanted to wait a little while longer. But accidents happen and I decided against the morning after pill. I was 3 weeks late for my period and tested and it was a positive on 2 digital tests then my period arrived. So I would have been 7 weeks pregnant. I didn't have a heavy period or cramps or pain but assumed it to be a miscarriage. I went to the Drs just to check everything was okay and my blood test came back negative and that was that, he said he digital tests could have been faulty.

Then over the past few months I've had car sickness, sickness some afternoon, exhaustion and I've actually felt something moving inside me. I even used my Doppler and could hear that windy placenta sound. I have a daughter and recognised them baby like movements. So I went to the dr and he tested for pregnancy as well as lots of other things and everything came back normal. He told me that often when somebody wants a baby that much they actually can have the symptoms and think they are pregnant. It felt very real, my periods have been lighter and cramp free, I'm still feeling movement and still feel pregnant. The only difference now is I know I'm not pregnant. It's a bit embarrassing. Crazy how the body can react. I even had this thing I had with my daughter where I'd wake up during the night with a dry mouth.

So now me and the husband think it's a good time to start trying......well my husband wants to try more than me. I wanted a few holidays and to enjoy our daughter a bit longer. But it feels right to start again. My girl is 2 yrs old now and it will be a good age gap. We actually started trying this month but I think probably too late in the game.

So here I am.....I thought I'd welcome myself. My question is.....I remember this app. You could record temperature, symptoms, periods and all that sort of thing. Does anyone know what it's called?

I have one on my phone called My Calendar which I can record all that as well as start/end periods, symptoms, ovulation test result, temp and lots more. Hope it helps- I use that with OPKs and have just started temping today with a basal thermometer

It's good. I've also found one called fertility friend. So I'll use both and see which I prefer. Nothing to really record yet. I put my last cycle in, so I can see when I'm due. It also predicts fertile/ovulation days.

I never really ttc with my daughter, we tried once and then booked a holiday so decided to stop trying u till after the holiday. Doubt it will be as easy as that again.

What a shame to go through that. I agree when you want something so badly your body and mind goes through all sorts!

Good luck now you are officially TTC :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back