TTC 4 months +

douglasxox

Reaction score
Hi,

I've never posted on one of these forums before but just looking for some advice and maybe some reassurance!

My partner and I have been trying to conceive for just over 4 months now with no luck. I started using Clearblue digital ovulation sticks this month and I started on day 6 of my cycle (I got the months supply) I'm now on day 18 and still haven't had a smiley face yet. My cycle is pretty regular (couple of days either way) and I would have expected to have got my smiley face by now? I'm testing in the morning which some people say you shouldn't do but Clearblue say it's fine whatever time.

I know 4 months isn't a long time but I'm just worrying a bit now and also my partner is quite a bit older than me which is adding to my worry!

Has anyone else had success with the Clearblue sticks?

Thanks in advance :)

I always had a smiley with these when doing them in the evening as I read that ur lh surge starts in the morning and builds up through the day so i tested about 6pm when using these tests. I did use them in the mornings but never got a smiley so switched xx

I've heard that the first month you use them might be very inaccurate as they get used to your cycle, never used them so not sure how true :)

And welcome :wave: I'm currently in my 2ww of month 4 of trying :D

been trying since December and i found that my surge comes in the evening, everyone is different tho

Ah, thank you for your replies. It's just nice to hear from people who are in the same boat! I'll stop testing first thing in the morning (plus, when it's a blank circle it doesn't set you up for the happiest of days!!) and try when I'm home from work instead.

I know 4 months isn't a long time and everyone keeps saying 'your time will come' but each time my period comes every month, it's so disappointing!

Fingers crossed!

How long are your cycles usually? CD6 is very early to start with opk's.

While using the smileys I would also use opks aswel cos some ppl don't get a smiley yet get a very possitve opk , do u get any other signs of ovulation like chagr in cm or ovulation pains ? 4 months isn't all that long in the grande scheme of things so please don't worry :) stressing and worrying can aid in not catching that eggy ya gotta try relax xx

How long are your cycles usually? CD6 is very early to start with opk's.

I got the 20 pack digital ovulation kit so a months supply, and it recommended starting from day 6.

While using the smileys I would also use opks aswel cos some ppl don't get a smiley yet get a very possitve opk , do u get any other signs of ovulation like chagr in cm or ovulation pains ? 4 months isn't all that long in the grande scheme of things so please don't worry :) stressing and worrying can aid in not catching that eggy ya gotta try relax xx

I think I've experienced ovulation pains and some other symptoms but you never know if these things are just by chance sometimes!

I know, thank you :) just seeing these responses has made me feel a whole lot better! I also think because it's been something my partner and I have discussed for way longer than 4 months, it feels like ages!! Thank you :) xxx

I know what you mean about the thinking about and wanting also counts as time waiting for the baby even though you were not trying for them....I wanted another baby since my daughter was 16 months and we didn't start trying until she was 2 and a half - and now we have been trying for 14 months! seems an age! with my first two kids i conceived 3rd cycle trying no probs. so bit of a shock to still be trying (just turned 35 so that adds to my worry)

I know what you mean about the thinking about and wanting also counts as time waiting for the baby even though you were not trying for them....I wanted another baby since my daughter was 16 months and we didn't start trying until she was 2 and a half - and now we have been trying for 14 months! seems an age! with my first two kids i conceived 3rd cycle trying no probs. so bit of a shock to still be trying (just turned 35 so that adds to my worry)

I know, it feels like it's been such a massive topic of conversation between us for nearly 2 years now so it feels like that long we've been trying!

Try not too worrying, I really believe people when they say the more you think about it the harder it gets (and I'm 100% guilty of doing this!!) so I'm trying to just relax and let nature take it's course. It really doesn't help that everyone around me is falling pregnant! My partner is 43 but he's fit + well but like I said before, his age does worry me slightly! Wishing you all the luck :) xx

Don't worry about age, I'm 39 and trying for my first baby and my husband is 49! He has three grown up children from a previous marriage so is starting all over again lol

I was ttc for 8 months, I used ovulation kits & counted my cycle etc. the ovulation sticks never ever worked....it was getting to the point where I thought maybe I wasn't ovulating at all. My oh started to get annoyed with me scheduling in sex & it led to rows. Then I just thought sod it, I'll get on with my life & if it happens it happens. One night I decided to use an ovulation stick before bed, mainly because I hadn't used one for ages & I had a big stash lol - & it was positive. I'd read they can pick up hcg levels so thought maybe I'm pregnant. So the next day I did a proper test & yes i was pregnant! I'm now 30 weeks with a little boy, the trick I believe is really not to stress over it.....live your life x

Don't worry about age, I'm 39 and trying for my first baby and my husband is 49! He has three grown up children from a previous marriage so is starting all over again lol

Aw that's lovely! Good luck!! :) Mine also has two from a previous marriage which is quite nice really because I've seen how he is as a father etc! xxx

I was ttc for 8 months, I used ovulation kits & counted my cycle etc. the ovulation sticks never ever worked....it was getting to the point where I thought maybe I wasn't ovulating at all. My oh started to get annoyed with me scheduling in sex & it led to rows. Then I just thought sod it, I'll get on with my life & if it happens it happens. One night I decided to use an ovulation stick before bed, mainly because I hadn't used one for ages & I had a big stash lol - & it was positive. I'd read they can pick up hcg levels so thought maybe I'm pregnant. So the next day I did a proper test & yes i was pregnant! I'm now 30 weeks with a little boy, the trick I believe is really not to stress over it.....live your life x

Aw that's such a lovely story, you must have been over the moon. I've really started to relax a lot more now and reading all these replies has definitely helped! I keep forgetting I'm putting pressure on him as well with constantly going on about it, and I forget he wants it just as much as me! Thanks for your reply, really has made a big difference x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back