TT Perfect Prep Machine - Watchdog

Pambi

Reaction score
I wondered if anyone saw the bit about the perfect prep machine on BBC Watchdog, its filter and ability to purify after being used for 4-6 weeks.

The lab tests that watchdog did showed that the machine increased the bacteria in the water after being used for 4-6 weeks. TT released the following statement in response:

Despite repeated requests, BBC Watchdog have refused to provide us with a full lab report for their tests. We have shared the limited data provided to us with a leading professor of microbiology at a top UK University, who has stated that BBC Watchdog is “scaremongering”, the microbiology is “fundamentally flawed” and “the results presented simply do not stand scientifically.”
We are completely confident in the safety of the Perfect Prep Machine. We do however understand that this broadcast may raise additional questions and concerns from parents who rely on the Perfect Prep and that’s why we’ve made additional information available, including this video and also details of independent filter testing at http://www.tommeetippee.co.uk/perfectprepanswers
The Perfect Prep Machine allows parents to make a safe formula feed in just 2 minutes and rigorous, independent, scientific testing has proved conclusively that the Tommee Tippee filter is as effective as boiling water at removing bacteria.
We appreciate that this programme may have caused concerns, but we would like to reassure you that we have the utmost confidence in the Perfect Prep’s ability to make a quick, easy and most importantly safe formula feed.

I wouldn't go back to mine as it developed a fault at about 11 months old and stopped measuring the correct quantities of water. At over £100 I expected to be able to use it for baby #2.

I wondered what your views were and if you were were still using the machine? How do you prepare your bottles / what routine do you have?

I use mine but my baby has one bottle a day as I breast feed the other time. Know iv read this il buy a new filter I think more regular.

Actually come to think of it mine gives the wrong amount of water x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back