Trying to stay positive

Baby Pickle

Reaction score
Hey ladies:wave::wave:

I hope you don't mind me joining you here? My husband and I have been trying for baby number two for 4 years in January. It's one of those things you just think will never happen to you. We had no difficultly conceiving our daughter and I cannot believe what an absolute blessing that was, we are so so fortunate that we had that fairytale experience.

So after 4 early miscarriages (latest being 8 weeks) we were referred to a fertility consultant and had our first appointment this morning. Everything was perfect, except for my numbers of eggs (I'm still numb from hearing that news) and at 37 I don't have much time left, we were advised if we wanted to pay for IVF we should do this in just a few months as the quality of the few eggs I have was likely to be impacted. I am an only child myself and I hate it so had always wanted to have at least two children. I feel like the bottom has fallen out of my world this morning.

If you've got this far, thank you for reading and I hope you don't mind me hanging around whilst we embark on this next roller coaster of life.

Amy xx

Hello and welcome :)

We all know the struggle that you're going through unfortunately. Was it the AMH test that you had? Lots of ladies have had low AMH and gone on to conceive so it can happen.

Are you going ahead with the IVF?

My advice is to get on CoQ10 as it's great for egg quality and I think royal jelly is too. Good luck xx

Thank you phonixgirl :)

I had a blood test and internal scan yesterday to confirm.

We are going to go ahead with IVF, need to save for a couple of months first so looking at November time I think. Crazy how life works out.

Off to google CoQ10 - thanks for the tip x

Hi Pickle, sorry to hear you are having a tough time. We have also been ttc our first for 4 years and it can be so so hard some days. I've been out today and came face to face with a baby that was due the same month as our last mc so that was a bit of a shock to the system thinking that could have been us.

I'm not sure I have any advice other than don't let it rule your world, keep busy, keep doing other things and make sure you don't spend the time wishing your life away. Hope the ivf goes well for you :)

Did you pay for the blood test?

The reason I ask is that I was told I had a low number of eggs and might have early menopause. He suggested I pay to do a more accurate test so I did that and the results actually came back fine. I don't know, maybe it was my PCOS making the results look dodgy.

Obviously I hope they'd have told you from the scan if your ovaries are polycystic like mine! Xx

Hi baby pickle, so sorry you are on this journey.. It's a tough one! Xx my friend told me about a fertility smoothie that has all sorts in it!

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.mindbodygreen.com/articles/fertility-smoothie-recipe this is the link X

Everything in it is all the things I have read over the years that will help with egg and sperm quality, you can get it all from Amazon, it will cost over £100 but if you're going to go through IVF and only have 1 attempt I would throw everything at getting your egg quality and sperm as good quality as possible!

We will be going on it if we go through another cycle.

My hubby also stopped hot baths and wearing underpants and it increased his sperm count

Hope this helps

Lou xx

I have very low amh. I recommend coq10. You need a high dose though. 600mg a day. I take 800!! I have had ivf before, a year and a half ago, I got 11 eggs which was a shock with my Amh. We lost the pregnancy at 12 weeks but nothing to do with amh. A year later, my Amh went up and I got 13 eggs this time. I have also been having acupuncture which could have helped
It takes 3 months for anything to have an affect on the eggs so if it will be a few months then that gives you time. Still try naturally though, no reason it can't happen naturally. You have less eggs, not no eggs.
Lots of luck xx

Did you pay for the blood test?

The reason I ask is that I was told I had a low number of eggs and might have early menopause. He suggested I pay to do a more accurate test so I did that and the results actually came back fine. I don't know, maybe it was my PCOS making the results look dodgy.

Obviously I hope they'd have told you from the scan if your ovaries are polycystic like mine! Xx

Hi Phonixgirl - I didn't pay for the blood test, it was part of the tests that the consultant asked for ahead of my first appointment and then this was confirmed with an internal scan. Good news that your test gave you more accurate results!

Amy x

Hi baby pickle, so sorry you are on this journey.. It's a tough one! Xx my friend told me about a fertility smoothie that has all sorts in it!

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.mindbodygreen.com/articles/fertility-smoothie-recipe this is the link X

Everything in it is all the things I have read over the years that will help with egg and sperm quality, you can get it all from Amazon, it will cost over £100 but if you're going to go through IVF and only have 1 attempt I would throw everything at getting your egg quality and sperm as good quality as possible!

We will be going on it if we go through another cycle.

My hubby also stopped hot baths and wearing underpants and it increased his sperm count

Hope this helps

Lou xx

Thank you for your advice and tips Lou!

I am going to have a read up on the smoothie! Like you say if you're only going to do IVF once you may as well do everything you can and not leave anything to doubt x

I have very low amh. I recommend coq10. You need a high dose though. 600mg a day. I take 800!! I have had ivf before, a year and a half ago, I got 11 eggs which was a shock with my Amh. We lost the pregnancy at 12 weeks but nothing to do with amh. A year later, my Amh went up and I got 13 eggs this time. I have also been having acupuncture which could have helped
It takes 3 months for anything to have an affect on the eggs so if it will be a few months then that gives you time. Still try naturally though, no reason it can't happen naturally. You have less eggs, not no eggs.
Lots of luck xx

Thank you - I going to order some coq10, sounds like you've had really positive results from taking it. Were you advised to take 800mg?

Amy x

I also recommend CoQ10 and my clinic actually advised my friend who has similar issues to me to take them xx

I wasn't advised to take 800 but it was from all my research online. Said to take 600 but I thought I would up it more xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back