trying to get pregnant at 46

june

Reaction score
Hi,

I am new, I got pregnant last year at 45 but had a m/c have been trying for a year now but nothing happened yet will let you know if I can manage it again :!: I am taking allsorts of vitamin supplements and I am really tempted to get some progesterone tablets as I have a history of m/c around the 7/8 week period of pregnancy, this may be due to a lack of progesterone? :? my GP isn't convinced it would help me keep a future pregnancy what do you think :?:
June

I had a m/c when I was 43.
To my surprise I found out I'm pregnant at 46. I'm not sure I will be able to keep this pregnancy. I hardly have any symptoms.
I'm not sure how other people will react hearing about such a late pregnancy. I have two daughters 15, 12.
I feel so comfused, can't concentrate on anything. waiting to see heart beat next week P.G.
Are we crazy?! Wanting another child our age?

Hi,

I found out last week I was pregnant again it only lasted a week though and I started bleeding. I am not giving up as I know now that I can achieve a pregnancy and I will be 47 if I have another child, so I do not think it is ever too late to have a family as long as mum is healthy and the child will have lots of love.

Hi there

Ive been reading your posts, and must say i think your really brave wanting to have a baby at 47! Im 41 and would dearly love a baby for my partner and myself but i honestly think i couldnt cope at 46 this final treatment is our last port of call, so were hoping for the best ever result this time.......... good luck

polly

Hi,
I am currently waiting to see a consultant to see if there is any reason for my m/c my first was at 19 so I know it is not age related, you know 47 sounds old but you should go to the website I go to called 'mothers over 40' it will inspire any older mums out there, I was so scared when I got pregnant at 45 but after reading the storys on there I felt more confident, a midwife friend of mine told me a baby aspirin a day may stop a lot of recurrent miscarriages as sometimes it is a clotting disorder called anti phospholipid syndrome, Ursula Andress was either 42 or 44 when she had her first baby (and if Geena Davies and Susan Sarandon can have babies at my age I don't see the problem!!!!!) Good luck and be positive in your own ability to conceive, I have never ever doubted that I would get pregnant, I just never got stressed out about it, I have one blocked fallopian tube, have suffered also from polycystic ovary syndrome and I am nrly 47 not very good odds but it hasn't stopped me.

Just wanted to let you know that I am currently 10 weeks pregnant and I did it all by myself :lol: I hope this gives hope that it can be done I am 47

I think that's really great! Congratulations!!!
Wishing you a very happy and healthy pregnancy!
Sam xx

congratulations hunny im really pleased for you hope you have a happy healthy pregnancy xxxxxxx

congratulations June... Hope the next months are happy and healthy for you and baby. As for the age thing.... as long as mum and dad are healthy, happy and have enough love for another child then they are in the same boat as every other new parents (no matter what the age) .... I'm 31,, DH is 49,, he was a little worried when we discussed trying that he would be too old! His worries where about him being too old to do stuff with the baby (eg football) He was also worried the child would be teased at school for having an older dad... I think every new parents have worries about one thing or another...
x

Hi June, where can you purchases progesterone tablets and what type of aspirin do you buy? I am ttc. I miscarried 7 weeks ago at just 6 and a half weeks, it was my 4th miscarriage. They all seem to be happening with a new partner who is now my husband and we have been together 4 and a half years. We do have a child together and she threatened at 20 weeks. I am 41 and going to try until im unable to conceive. Just belive in yourself, thats all it needs. Listening to doctors all the time will just put us off. Good luck to all you 40+ women.
All my love
Jacqui. x x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back