Trying to conceive

A.Bee

Reaction score
Hi All,
My husband and I have been actively TTC for 10months now, and it's becoming quite frustrating for us both. We were under no illusions it would happen straight away but are still finding super sad when my period comes each month. As I'm sure many of you do, I read alot online and books that all bombard you with information. The one thing that seemed to pop up in everything I read was that you should get some preconception tests done to be sure everything is OK. I booked an appointment with my GP and she did not want to no, asked hardly any questions and gave very little advice. Honestly it was a complete waste of time. I guess I'm just wondering if anyone else has been in the situation or if yu have any advice from experience.

A.Bee

The NHS won't give you any help till you have been trying for a year. It can take 6-12 to a year to conceive so your not doing too badly

Unfortunately it can take a healthy couple up to a year to conceive and even then there is still only around a 20% chance each month.

A GP will most likely not do any further testing unless it’s been over a year of trying. Unless you are 36 or older.

x

My doctor said the same thing as the other posters have said. I was always asked how long I was off birth control. He told me to wait 6 months for the birth control to get out of my system then another year of trying after that, so 1.5 years.

My doctor didn’t want to know anything until I’d been trying three years. I asked for an ultra sound scan as I spotted lots before af and was having bad sided pain. I had a cyst x

Thanks everyone. I knew that the doctor wouldn't do anything to help us conceive but I thought she might have asked about my periods and ovulation just to check all Is as it should be. But never mind. I'm just super impatient, but I guess we all are. Just got to keep in doing the bd. X

I am in the same position A.Bee. Husband and I have been trying for just over a year and I am waiting now to see my gp to get some testing done. I really hope my GP isn't as flippant as yours:( It has taken me ages to even get a regular appointment with the Gp!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back