Trying To Conceive.

TyneKian16

Reaction score
Hi. My boyfriend and I are both 17 and trying to conceive. Before I am scolded on trying at this young age, we are wanting to try get pregnant as there is a high possibility that I will be infertile and not able to have children by the time I'm in my early 20's due to medical reasons. My period ended late Saturday, early Sunday (3rd or 4th of Septemper) and we had intercourse every day from the 4th to last night (he ejaculated every time), though we didn't have intercourse for two or three days. A few days to a week after the 4th, I have started having a large number of differences in the way my body feels and they are getting more noticeable. The list includes: bloating, breaking out in pimples which I rarely get, more moody than usual, emotional (angered easily, annoyed easily, upset, crying one minute and laughing the next), increased white discharge, sensitive and tender breasts, pains, headaches, backaches and cramps, the feeling that I want to throw up (haven't thrown up for about 10 years), hot/cold flushes, starting to urinate more frequently (hardly urinate unless I have a drink, but have urinated heaps today), I am sleeping a lot more and feel like I haven't slept in days, indigestion, gassy and constipated, decrease in libido which is very uncommon, hurting and bleeding gums (a spot of blood every now and again), dizzy, "feeling" pregnant, tingling nipples, and shortness of breath. If anyone could help me, it would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.:)

Last edited:
You clearly think you are pregnant, the only way to tell is to take a pregnancy test. Though from your dates I would say it's highly unlikely that you are pregnant since you say you only just had your period stop on the 4th and it is now only the 14th, but hey who knows, take a test!

Thanks for your reply. Not sure if it was intended to be rude or not but I kind of took it as rude.

I didn't think Clairedoll was being rude... She was trying to help you and you dismissed her comment unceremoniously. She's right though, if you had your last period day on the 4th, you probably only ovulated around this time... The sperm still has to fertilise the egg, then travel down to attach itself to the uterus. It's highly unlikely but you can always try a test..

Tynekian what was the date of the first day of your period?

Sperm can hang around for a few days but it sounds like you may not have ovulated yet let alone be pregnant (dependent on when your period started). Have you been on the pill?

Ps don't think clairedoll was being rude btw, just giving you some facts.

Last edited:
My last period started 29th or 30th of August. I am not sure when I ovulated, but have had clear sort of stretchy like mucus for a day or two.

It sounds like you could Be ovulating around now then, so you'd need to carry on having sex to improve your chances. If you've come off the pill very recently this
could explain your symptoms. Hope this helps.

I have never had any symptoms while ovulating in the past and the only contraception I had was depo a few years ago which was a six month shot. Never been on the pill and never used the bar. My boyfriend is pretty sure that I'm pregnant even though implantation likely has not happened. We read on the internet that even before conception occurs, one is able to receive symptoms. Other places seem to say that it's not at all possible. It's very confusing. My boyfriend wants to get a test, but I'm thinking that it will come up with a negative result and it will be a waste of money. It may not be related to early pregnancy, but my dog is usually a crazy nutcase and jumping everywhere, though when it comes to me going outside, he comes up to me and is very gentle. I'm thinking he is just a mummy's boy though.

If you have strechy cm now, your probably fertile, not pregnant. When your ttc, you notice things about your body that you would have never notices before, try not to read too much into it.
You ovulate in the middle of your cycle. So you'll have your period on cd1, you'll ovulate cd14 on a normal 28 day cycle. So I'd you have a normalish cycle your not even due to ovulate until 14th-19th. Your body has to have time for the egg to mature etc.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what my cycle is. After the depo, I also had medical issues and hadn't had my period for three years. This year is the first year I have had my period. Only have had my period twice this year (first period this year was about February) and they don't last as long as they usually would and not as heavy. The first time I noticed cm was about two days ago and had sex that night. He ejaculated twice. Hoping that I am fertile.

It's bad for sperm to have sex everyday/twice a day. The sperm will not be strong/mature enough to fertilise the egg... if you don't have regular periods maybe follow the SMEP... sex every two days throughout the month.
You could buy ovulation predictor kits, amazon have them cheap ebay to, (but if you rarely have periods i doubt you ovulate regularly).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back