Trying for 8 years

Jemjem2905

Reaction score
Hi

I have been on here on and off over the last 8 years as me and my husband have been trying all this time 8 years 3 months.

I am going private to fertility once I have lost the last little bit of weight as I have lost 4 stone since august 2020 and my bmi has gone from 47 to 38 so I have another stone and a half to go.

however my concern is my cycles are all over the place I have in the past always been 34 day cycles and I could predict when I was going to start but now my cycles are a bit all over the shop really my last one was 27 day cycle bleeding for 3 days I started Thursday and finished bleeding on Saturday normally I bleed for 5 days. My cycle before was 29 days 3 days bleeding then 31 days 4 days bleeding then 29 days again with 5 days bleeding and then 37 days with 5 days bleeding.

Has anyone had cycles that fluctuate like this and had nothing wrong with them or got diagnosed with pcos or endometriosis

Many thanks

Baby dust to you all

Hi that sounds a lot like my normal cycles they are different every month, anything from 27 to 34 days although I’ve had months with 24 day cycles too, I’ll have a couple of months with a 27/28/29 day cycle then the month after a 34 day cycle for example, I don’t have pcso or endo, I’ve never had any problems conceiving or any fertility problems, I think cycles are only really considered irregular if you are going unusually long periods of time between cycles x

Hi my cycles aren’t like that because I rarely have them! I’ve never been formally diagnosed with PCOS or endometriosis or anything etc. Even after numerous scans. I maybe have a period once / twice a year sometimes I go years without having them. For some unknown reason I just don’t ovulate every month like ‘normal’ women! It just happens rarely and sporadically!

it took us 5 years to conceive our first child with fertility treatment intervention and by freak miracle managed to conceive our 2nd naturally (ovulated 3 months after my last period!!)

sorry not much advice but fingers crossed your fertility treatment goes smoothly and you get some answers x

Hi that sounds a lot like my normal cycles they are different every month, anything from 27 to 34 days although I’ve had months with 24 day cycles too, I’ll have a couple of months with a 27/28/29 day cycle then the month after a 34 day cycle for example, I don’t have pcso or endo, I’ve never had any problems conceiving or any fertility problems, I think cycles are only really considered irregular if you are going unusually long periods of time between cycles x

thank you for this message it is very encouraging that there isn’t anything necessary wrong with me it’s just strange I’ve always been 34 days like clockwork and now I’m 27 days but I have lost 4 stone so that might be why but I have my doctor calling me next week to see what is hapening and hopefully get my blood test done to get the ball rolling with fertility but I’m back on my diet as of today and being strict on myself as I need to shift a stone and a half to get things moving and I can do it by end of the year if I put my mind to it

but just want to wish you best of luck when the time comes for your little bundle of joy xx

Hi my cycles aren’t like that because I rarely have them! I’ve never been formally diagnosed with PCOS or endometriosis or anything etc. Even after numerous scans. I maybe have a period once / twice a year sometimes I go years without having them. For some unknown reason I just don’t ovulate every month like ‘normal’ women! It just happens rarely and sporadically!

it took us 5 years to conceive our first child with fertility treatment intervention and by freak miracle managed to conceive our 2nd naturally (ovulated 3 months after my last period!!)

sorry not much advice but fingers crossed your fertility treatment goes smoothly and you get some answers x

thank you for this message it is very encouraging that there isn’t anything necessary wrong with me it’s just strange I’ve always been 34 days like clockwork and now I’m 27 days but I have lost 4 stone so that might be why but I have my doctor calling me next week to see what is hapening and hopefully get my blood test done to get the ball rolling with fertility but I’m back on my diet as of today and being strict on myself as I need to shift a stone and a half to get things moving and I can do it by end of the year if I put my mind to it

but just want to wish you best of luck when the time comes for your little bundle of joy xx

I’m pretty much the same way these days. My cycles vary from 28-34 days. I too was becoming concerned about it, but it just seems to be normal for me now. Glad to hear from others that it isn’t a huge concern.

like you mentioned, your cycles might change cos of weight loss Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back