Trouble getting 12 week appointment

Sarahe

Reaction score
Hi

I am really struggling to get a 12 week appointment with my GP, she only works 3 mornings a week and subsequently gets very booked up. (apperently my surgery have a rule that she only sees pregnant patients ) and the earliest they can see me if next fri however I have just return to work after having nearly 3 weeks off on holiday and my boss is out of the country and returns that friday. it is such an inconvenient time and they couldnt offer anything else.

I have my scan booked for next wedensday :lol: :lol: very excited about and I have a booking in appointment with the consultant at our local hospital the week after which takes me up to 14 weeks and then on the 29th I have my 16 week appointment with my Midwife.

Do you think it is ok to for go the 12 week appointment?

Really confused as what to do, I feel fine getting all the normal twinges and my bump has grown at an alarming rate.

any advise is welcome

Sarah

x

Hi Sarah,

These surgery's can be such a pain. I can rarely see my own doctor coz he's always chocca. Anyway, have you seen a midwife yet?
When I saw mine at 12 weeks we were in there for about 50 mins while she took all my details down and asked lots of questions (weight/height/diseases/family history etc) and she gave me loads of stuff to read. She also tried to listen to the babies heart but couldn't find it.
From this appointment she found out that I need to have the glucose test for diabetes and that my blood test result told them I was A negative which means I have to have injections but that's not until much later on in the pregnancy.

I guess you can do all this stuff at your 16 weeks appointment but i would've thought they would need to know as it may be a long appointment. Give them a ring to talk about it.

I've just made an appointment to see mine at 18 weeks and was told that if i'm feeling fine and have no worries it's not essential that I see her! I think they make it up as they go along!

Good luck.

nicki.x :D

Hi Nikki,

I saw the midwife at 7 weeks as I was traveling abroad and needed blood thinning injections so I am all booked in.

I have recently called the midwife and explained the problem and the fact I have a scan and a consultants appointment then see her two weeks after and she said it is fine to forgo the appointment as the scan is a check up anyway.

Sarah

hey sarah,

Glad it's all ok for you. I thought it would be fine, but it's always best to check these things out i guess. Good luck with your scan, it's amazing and I look forward to hearing all about it.

NIcki.x :D

Hi Sarah

I am quite a strange one - I had been ttc for 14 months before getting my BFP - I had even had my bloods tested by the nurse to see if i was ovulating, but got my BFP before the results came back. When I went to see the GP to explain what had happened, my 5 day blood test result was very high, my GP said that it could have been that I was pg then, so I am saying that I am 6 weeks pg, but the GP thinks that I could be further along - I have got an appointment with the midwife on Tuesday afternoon, I don't know what they will tell me or when I will go for my first scan, if I go at when I think it is 12 weeks, it could be 16 weeks - nothing seems to run smoothly for me, lol!!! :)

Good luck and I hope that you get your scan soon ....

Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back