triple test...

I wasn't worried about this test at all really before - but now I am gonna go and have the blood taken this aftrnoon I'm cacking myself :(

As most of yu know I bled a lot early on and this can make the test come back higher - as can my age apprently (19) - so now I'm pooing it - and then I have 3 weeks to wait to get the results too :(

How do you guys cope waiting for this to come back?

I had this yesterday, I only have to wait a week though for the results. Good luck, and I'll let you know how my results are.

wow a week? I'm sure my m/w said 3 - but then I am going to a different hossie somayeb it will be sooner? I damn hope so! Let me know how you get on xx

Is this the barts test, for downs etc? If so i got my results in 48hrs just had to ring the hospital, cant beleive they are gonna make you wait 3 weeks! good luck

Natalie x

I got my results this morning in the post and I had the test done over 3 weeks ago. The date of the result was over 2 weeks ago, they took that long to send it, which I think is disgusting! Plus I think I've only got it now cos I rang earlier this week to chase it up!

With my first I had dodgy results back (ended up having an amnioscentisis, everything was fine). The midwife came to my house early on the Saturday morning (I was still in my pjs) to give me the news and explain my options. This was within a few days of the blood being taken. With my second the results were fine and it took a couple of weeks until they told me. If there is any doubt about the results I think they tend to contact you asap, but if they are ok then they don't rush. Perhaps they forget that we are pregnant, hormonal and worried and would like our minds put at ease!! Good luck with your tests - I have mine in 3 weeks time.

Well I went, had blood takena nd they said it should take no more than 10 days! Phew! It has to go all the way to Birmingham but she also said if there was something wrong they would contact me before I got my letter. So that's okie.

Newbump - yes I think that's what some places call it - but more commonly double or triple test - sometimes quadriple test if you are already high risk.

Fingers crossed now. :(

Well, I never had any news from them, they took my blood but never told me the results of it!!! Had a GP appt on wednesday and asked but I thought no news good news which was the case, she said it was ok.

Sami

Hiya o/ Can't believe you will have to wait for 3 weeks for your results. I'm afraid I can't help you Sami, as I chose NOT to have the tests. With my age (40) I knew that it would be a high chance of a high result and didnt feel I could cope with having to worry for 6 months.

Hope things continue to go well for you
Ragna xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I've not had it done, wasn't offered it either?? We weren't going to have it done anyway but it would have been nice to have been asked, unless they have done it and not told me? But I was told that I had a choice so surely they wouldn't just do it? My last bllods were taken 5 weeks ago and I have not heard anything so think they were just ordinary bloods.

I'm same as you Beanie - it was never offered. I didn't even know it was available until I read posts on this forum.

They did do a load of blood tests when I had my booking in appointment - maybe they did the tests then - or is that too early (8 weeks).

It really does amaze me how different the care is from regoin to region. Even on little things like how long it takes to get blood test results back ranging from 48 hours to 3 weeks.

Hi everyone, with my first pregnancy i knew the results within a week its absurd they should make you wait weeks knowing that your going to worry, really unfair.!
I chose not to have the tests in this pregnancy or my second, i decided like Ragna i would rather do without the extra worry.
Keep us posted everyone :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back