Tried doppler again what you think?

Didn't want to read and run but my phone is being really slow and not loading up YouTube. I will try on my laptop either tonight when I get home or tomorrow morning. Xx

Sounds alittle slow hunny. Not too sure have you tried measuring your own while listening x

Are you pointing it downwards towards your bum and low down on your pubic area hunny? If your picking your heartbeat alot they tend to be on the sides more. So try in middle but low down if you get me x

Defo sounds like ur own honey. Could the wind noises be the placenta working away. I found my lo heart beat by my belly button hubby found him xxx

I have tried every inch of my tummy in every way, full bladder, empty bladder, changed positions,used loads gel....I'm just getting so disheartened since everyone else seems to have no prob....only thing I can think of is maybe placenta in front and blocking it...otherwise I start to think worst :(

Do you 12 week scan notes say where ur placenta is? (Not sure if this depends where you live) I have placenta at the front and didn't pick up a clear heartbeat on my angelsounds doppler til I was about 17 weeks. I know its difficult, but all pregnancies are different so don't worry. Ur baby just being a bit shy probs xx

it sounds like your own hb hun. i put the doppler on my chest first to check that as your hb is pretty much half the speed of babys. my placenta is at the front hun so i had to go near bikini line from the side a bit, you have to turn the volume right up and move the doppler really really slowly.
your looking for something similar to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2O43ZSHBaqk

i couldnt find mine til 16 weeks after the mw had found it and i knew where and what i was looking for so dont get disheartened. once you find it you will be sure and you will be able to find it again then, its just the first time that its a big pain to find. there are so many diff noises in there. the 'wind noise' is either your stomach or the placenta and babys hb can sound diff depending on where your listening from but the speed is always similar.

Thanks girls...do you think it could be the doppler? I am thinking of sending this one back and getting an angel sounds one as that seems to be the one everyone else is using. I find this one very difficult to use as I have arthritis in my hands so gripping the small thing and holding it in place is very painful! I notice the angel sounds is more of a hand held one....what you think?

It is fairly bigger hun. I find it easy to use. But sometimes give me hand cramp if I'm clenching on it tight to get it just right. plus they aren't that dear neither. x

Thanks girls...do you think it could be the doppler? I am thinking of sending this one back and getting an angel sounds one as that seems to be the one everyone else is using. I find this one very difficult to use as I have arthritis in my hands so gripping the small thing and holding it in place is very painful! I notice the angel sounds is more of a hand held one....what you think?

I had angel sounds hun they are very good, BUT, I didnt find the hb untill i was just over 18 weeks :dance: and had tried since 12 :wall2:(i have an anterior placenta) so please please dont get worried or disheartened, if you think about how tiny bubs is, and the teeny tiny space you need to be in to find the hb the chances of finding it are slim, so again DONT WORRY! :) :hugs:xxx

I found lo heartbeat at 9+5 with the angelsound one. The wind noise is the placenta workin. I dont know any other advice apart from whats aldeady been said. Low down etc xx

If u are really really worried have u considered contacting ur local maternity ward I did the other day and they have clinics dotted around my area with midwifes which mean u can just pop in to get checked xxx

My midwife told me off when I called her and made me feel stupid....I am thinking of going to docs in morning to tell him my concerns maybe he will have listen..

if its the summer doppler then its notoriously crap hun, a lot of ppl couldnt find the hb with that til 22 weeks or more. angelsounds is the best one ive seen. if your worried go the docs but they dont approve of dopplers really cos ppl get panicky when they cant find the hb and its almost always just down tothe doppler or the person just not being able to find the hb cos of inexperience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back