Tribunal Hearing

Rosieroo

Reaction score
Got my hearing date set for the 13th & 14th February - I will be a mummy by then!!
My boss is trying to say that I was a dishonest employee, that I used the internet when I wasn't allowed to to make visits to the ACAS website as early as last September (when I returned to the company) and that my whole claim was planned. I'd just started Uni last September and was only working there part time, Ella wasn't even a thought! We didn't decide to try until March and got lucky first month.
So if my claim was planned that means he is saying that I knew what his reaction to my pregnancy was going to be - so what sort of person does that make him out to be?!?!

good luck rosieroo, you must let us know how it goes!

rosieroo said:
So if my claim was planned that means he is saying that I knew what his reaction to my pregnancy was going to be - so what sort of person does that make him out to be?!?!

Answer: A prize pillock! Let me guess- he's not getting legal advice on all of this because he knows better...?

Good luck with all of this hun. What a nightmare and what a horrid man. Still it's by people like you seeing this all through that ghastly bosses like him get their comeuppance and hopefully learn not to do it again to others.

You go girl!

+++

Good luck chick.
thank you for your suport with my idiot boss , and i wish i was as tough as you!!!!!
well done you for sticking by your guns.
you go girl!!!! 8)

Answer: A prize pillock! Let me guess- he's not getting legal advice on all of this because he knows better...?

Good luck with all of this hun. What a nightmare and what a horrid man. Still it's by people like you seeing this all through that ghastly bosses like him get their comeuppance and hopefully learn not to do it again to others.

You go girl!

Here Here!!

Nicki.x :D

Good luck mate the law is on your hide and people like this are not getting away with it these days - stick to your guns !

x

And it's over. Kind of.

They came back and offered the settlement figure we thought that they would, which I've accepted. He hasn't admitted liability and it's subject to a confidentiality agreement (I guess that means I can't discuss amounts, not that I've settled), but it's over.

It hasn't cost me a penny to pursue him thanks to legal aid and although he hasn't admitted liability, I think we all know that he's guilty and knows it!

So when the money comes through it will be going straight back out again on my credit card debt, but at least it means that I will be debt free for when Ella arrives which is a massive relief and means a totally fresh start.

Thats great news hon, so pleased its over and you can now forget about the horrible man and start looking forward to the arrival of baby Ella xxxx

I am so glad its all over for you. Having something like this hanging over to you is never nice. Well done for sticking with it and seeing it through to this fair conclusion.

Sunshine

That's great news. When I got my settlement through I had to sign an agreement too, so they could cover themselves that I would not blab to the papers or still take them to a tribunal etc. They also did not admit liability and it's funny because why pay someone off if you are guilty, but you can see why they do that, if they admit liability then you could really go to town on them.

I hope you get your dosh soon, don't forget to ask that it is tax free!

x

I hope you get your dosh soon, don't forget to ask that it is tax free!

I didn't think of that. :?

I agree Minikins, if he thought that he'd been totally right the whole way along then why didn't he see it through to the court stage?

Just looking forward to getting my payment and being able to put this 110% in the past, I will never work for a small employer again though!

Hi ya

That's brilliant news! Sorry I totally missed this post, I don't usually visit the working forum for some reason!

Really, really pleased for you, hopefully will encourage others in similar positions to pursue their claim like you have.

It must've been a lot of stress and hassle but you've won. Even though they haven't said it in so many words, actions speak louder than words as they say!

All the best
Lucy
26 + 5

I'm really pleased for you mate that it's finally been settled. Probably a lot better out of court too as I doubt you would want to have that on your plate when little one arrives!

Well done for sticking to it x

GOOD LUCK - SOCK IT TO THEM!!! WHAT A PRIZE PRAT!!!

Damn I missed this thread!!!!

I am going through a tribunal hearing at the mo!!! :cry:

Hi Lulu

I settled out of court in the end last December, which was much better than going through the hearing, though it would've been good to face my old boss again and find out why he treated me the way that he did.

Good luck with yours, I know how stressful things can be.

Good for you rach ... The bloke sounded like a right arse!!!

Take care ...

Goodluck with your birth ..

Imi

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27