Tri hopping to give a tip for hospital bag packers

KeelyT90

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I am tri hopping to give you my tip. I have noticed alot of hospital bag threads recently.

My one and only saviour tip is:

A VERY LARGE TUB OF VASELINE

2 reasons
A) Slather it on your lady garden after birth before you pee - This will act as a barrier and prevent burn on your tenderness..... Lol

B) Slather a little on babies bum before nappy goes on, it really helps wipe away that meconium, sticky, treacle poop they kindly surprise us with. Else you'll be wiping for 10 mins!!

xx

Thanks keely! I have a huge tub of Vaseline, is handy for the old eczema too haha
They were going on about newborn poops at a class the other day... I have a vague recollection if my kid brother's... ugh

Haha you're welcome. Yes, I had heard stories but didn't realise quite how bad it was. It was like hot tar! x

Can u put that on ur bits, is it recommend?
It's only petroleum jelly. I know a few who have used it and it's been fine for them. If it can go on your lips I'm sure your lady parts won't be sensitive to it x

Oh flip I never got the burning last time I had a catheter in for two days maybe I should ask for one this time lol

Oh flip I never got the burning last time I had a catheter in for two days maybe I should ask for one this time lol
Oh I envy you.... I remember my first pee within the hour of giving birth (hadn't yet slathered on the vaseline) I could have cried lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back