Travel systems suitable for new born and 2 year old

First Baby White

Reaction score
Hi,:wave:

Looking for some advice, I am due in July and my little boy will be 2 in June. Does anyone have any suggestions of travel systems that work for both to fit or if you have been in this situation is there another solution?

Thanks x

I know I've said this before (lol) but my eldest was 2 and a half when my youngest was born, and mostly I carried my newborn in a sling and put the toddler in a light weight stroller :)

Some lie flat prams like Emmaljunga have toddler seats you can fit over the top of the pram I think. They look pretty good.

I'm not keen on Buggy Boards or Phil & Ted type buggies that seat one child underneath near the wheels lol

Thanks Pheonix, I have a stretchy wrap that I got when Noah was about 5 months old so didn't get much use out of it. Do you have any recommendations for wraps, ones that you could bf in as well if possible?

Stretchy wraps are great to start with, definitely try that. If the baby is heavy they do tend to sag a lot by the time the baby is 4/5 months, so a woven would be better after that. It's a learning curve to BF in a wrap though, I didn't manage it very well until my daughter was nearer one (but I didn't have a stretchy, they are easier to start with).

If you have a sling library or sling meet near you they'd be a good place to get help with it & also try out different slings.
I prefer woven wraps but a lot of people prefer Mei Tais and buckle carriers like the Ergo etc :)

Last edited:
Will have a look, thank you so much for the advice.

Anything that makes life simpler and I will definitely be practicing so that I can bf in it :)

I've got a 21 month old and a 3 month old. We've got an uppababy vista 2015. I didn't want a side by side double or one where one child was hidden underneath. With the uppababy, the back seat is on top. It was expensive but it's the only thing we had to buy this time as we'd saved everything from first time round. It also converts to a single so we can use a buggy board when our eldest is a bit older.

I have a baby jogger city select, used as a single or double plus fab with buggy board on, so will be able to cart of 3 of mine around lol Just need to buy a carrycot for the baby this time but already have both seats xx

Pics of it as a single, plus double. Not needed to be in double mode for a while xx
b084755cb38dee945c64bbf080518f3e.jpg
29363dac00fcf5fba813089bf949e102.jpg

Think I paid £500 for it but worth it my opinion, saw they are at £450 is now though xx

We have a Phil and teds classic which is brilliant but my biggest baby likes to walk everywhere and I tend to use a wrap with my little one. We got our pushchair preloved for £100 in almost perfect condition

We're going to have a 27 month gap between ours and were planning to either put baby in the pram with a buggy board for our toddler or take toddler in the pushchair with baby in a carrier. Have to see what works best. We don't have space for a double (our pushchair barely fits into our entrance hall as it is) and the nice tandems are too expensive.

We will have a 25!month gap but we don't have a travel system from when Noah was small as it broke so we would have to buy new anyway so there isn't much difference in cost for a single to a double but I imagine that it won't get used as much as it should.
Where is best to buy pre loved buggies from x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back