Travel system or car seat and pram?

merlin

Reaction score
Okay so I have just had my first disagreement with dh about car seats and prams. I wanted to get a travel system so I wouldn't have to disturb little one when moving from car to pram. After a bit of research he has been told that the britax blah blah blah would fit well in the landie. I have been told that the britax baby safe shr 2 would fit and this would also fit with several prams I have looked at, it is dearer though!
So my question in your experience ladies, how much hassle is it really to move baby from car to pram? Am I being a baby stuff princess?

Sent from my Nexus 7

I think u should consider car seats in travel systems are for short term use no more than 45min to hr same for long journeys u must take breaks so it really depends we hav bought a travel system so we can put baby in seat onto chasis for v short trips like into Tesco etc without waking but will use the travelcot/lie flat push chair part for anything longer x

Makes sense, thank you. Just gotta turn it around and make it seem like my idea to not worry too much about the travel system! Lol

Sent from my Nexus 7

Def much easier having a travel system x

mummy to ds 11/7/11
pregnant *team pink* due 12/9/13

I have a travel system and I actually still get him out of the car seat and put him in the pushchair. He just doesn't lie flat enough for my liking in the car seat and I also find it really annoying having to clip the car seat back into the car. The good thing is though that my son sleeps through me moving him from one to the other and I'm sure not all babies are the same x

tapatalkin

Have to say we've found it very useful having a travel system! If we're only out for an hour or two we can just clip the carseat onto the chassis and off we go!

But then saying that, you get used to whatever you've got, so if we only had the pram I'm sure it'd be fine!

Tapatalking!

Travel system vote here as well, I hardly used the pram as DDs colic so bad she wouldn't lay flat for long anyway x

I think you need to think about how often/long you'd be using it.

Really LOs should spend more than a couple of hours in a car seat so if you have a longish drive into shops, then out for a walk a seperate bit might be better.

Our 'system' was the silver cross sleepover, so basically the car seat or the carry cot clipped onto the frame - I used to take carry cot out with us and play it by ear - if she was awake, or had been in car seat for a wee while I transferred her to pram, but if it was just a quick 10min trip to local shops or something I just moved the seat.

It can be worth checking how easy it is to have a travel system that lets you decide based on your journey.

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

I was having this debate myself a few weeks ago but I opted for a normal pram/pushchair instead of a travel system. My thinking was that I will probably end up waking up baby when I have to fiddle around moving their car seat from car to travel system and back again so I may as well just pick them up out of their normal carseat and lay them in the pram lol. 'Tis all about individual choice though :) xx

Last edited:
We ended up with a kind of travel system after a friend gave us clips that enabled our car seat to clip onto the base of the pram we'd chosen. To be honest, I used it twice. I found it much easier to keep the car seat in the car - they're really awkward to remove without a baby in them! Also, like others have said, it is better to have the baby lying flat, which only a pram can do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back