Travel System Opinions Welcome!

YorksLass

Reaction score
Hey folks,
Finally got around to viewing a few pram/pushchairs in the flesh this weekend and partner and I are torn between two: Silver Cross Pioneer and Uppababy Cruz. They're both silly prices, but I'm determined to find a good second hand deal!
Anybody have any opinions on those, from experience? They both seem to have some great pros and relatively few cons.
Ideally, we'd like something that can also handle grass/mud fairly well for dog walks etc.
xx

My friend has the Silver cross pioneer and oh my its really very gorgeous. I am not familiar with the other one. I recently bought my iCandy Peach second hand off ebay for £370 with absolutely everything you can think of to go with it. I figured I would be spending at least £500 on a brand new one, and the iCandy is like £1000 with all of the trimmings, so I thought sod it might as well save some money and buy second hand and at least I get the travel system that I want! xx

Rather than spending loads of money on a pram have u thought about slinging your baby and buying a cheap parent facing pram xx

I have the Uppababy Cruz. I love it!! I have used it for nearly two years with my son never needed a stroller. Going to be using it with new baby in May with a buggy board so well worth the money. It is not really an off road pram so you can take it across parks etc but is probably bumpier than some. Depends how much off road walking you will be doing as to whether it is a good option. The uppababy vista is a good option for off roading but is bigger and heavier

I do also have a sling already, picked up a great 2nd hand one after some research, but this is for when baby gets heavier! My back isn't that great lol (plus both grandparent sets want to help chip in for a buggy ;-) )
Thanks folks! X

I got a Kari Me one - had a bit of practice with a stuffed dog, which just looked weird! Going to try to nail the techniques with some youtube vids lol

I had a babasling last time and I really never got the hang of it which I was gutted about because I really wanted to use a sling all the time! xx

Awww flexilexi do you have a sling libuary near you? I still carry my lo and hes 3yrs xx

Awww flexilexi do you have a sling libuary near you? I still carry my lo and hes 3yrs xx

Hey! Not that I know of but I guess I could ask my midwife and see if she knows of any in the area because I really love the idea of slinging everywhere!! xx

We've gone with the mamas and papas armidillo flip xt as we had it recommended for being lightweight, good for off road etc. We've also got a moby, hug a bub and mei tai sling, which is all hubby will let me buy before we go to the sling library ;-) xx

Hey! Not that I know of but I guess I could ask my midwife and see if she knows of any in the area because I really love the idea of slinging everywhere!! xx

Where are you from ill ask rosie who is douth yorkshires consultant xx

Definitely find a slinglibrary, lexi. https://ukslinglibraries.wordpress.com/find-a-sling-library-near-you/

I really hate baba slings :( :oooo:
They are seriously horrible, don't fit well, not that safe for baby as it is almost impossible to position he baby in a way that doesn't restrict breathing. etc etc.

There are tonnes of fantastic slings out there.

I just got a Manduca stretchy wrap (similar to the Kari Me) I did have a Moby but Mobys are thicker and warmer to wear so decided to sell it and buy a Manduca as their stretchy wraps are lighter and feel airier (apparently!!)

I only got into slings with my last baby (now 9) and as she was a winter baby I started off with a fleece pouch sling by coorie (lovely sling if you want a pouch, no good in summer though ;) )
When she got too heavy and the weather started to improve I progressed to woven wraps.

I once briefly wrapped a friend's baby in a stretchy and loved it - was gutted I'd not used a stretchy with my baby, so can't wait to have the chance this time :D

Last edited:
Have you tried solar weave connecta for the summer? X

Do the sling libraries offer advice on wearing too? Worried I won't do it right! I'm West Yorks, bound to be something around here...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back