Trapped wind :(

Emma.b

Reaction score
Harrison is 6 weeks tomorrow and still suffering with trapped wind, some days worse than others.

I've changed his bottles to the tommee tippee comfort bottle (air vent type), i use infacol before feeds and when he's at his worse he has gripe water. We do leg exercises, tummy massage and cooled boiled water. I wind using all different positions as what works one day might not work the next day.

He's on hungry baby milk and has been for a couple of weeks as the other milk just wasn't filling him and he uses size 2 teats. I'm wondering if may be i should try size 1 teats? He does seem to drink fairly fast and sometimes makes a gulping sound and also it sometimes sounds like his latch to the teat is breaking mid suck, if that makes sense?

I can usually get a burp from him but i can feel his little tummy bubbling like the wind has traveled down into his gut then it's a case of waiting for it to come out the bottom end which sometimes seems like it causes him pain.

Any ideas on what else i can do?

x x x

Hey Emma,

Have you tried comfort milk?? As soon as I put JJ on this his colic/trapped wind eased - it was more or less gone within 7 days :)

I tried infacol, colief and gripe water - none had the effect of Aptamil comfort milk.

Might be worth a gom assuming you havent tried this already? xx

Move to size 1 teats.

It sounds like the size 2s are too fast for him right now, if he's gulping and losing suction.
Leave him on size 1s until he's falling asleep on the bottle, or pushing it away half way through due to frustration.

I think Cay went to size 2s around four months. Xx

Hey Emma,

Have you tried comfort milk?? As soon as I put JJ on this his colic/trapped wind eased - it was more or less gone within 7 days :)

I tried infacol, colief and gripe water - none had the effect of Aptamil comfort milk.

Might be worth a gom assuming you havent tried this already? xx

Hey chezza

Thanks for the reply i've tried him on the comfort milk but unfortunately he didn't like it! Lol H spat it out all the time and was really fussy with it so i took him off it.

Fussy little boy! Lol X X X

Move to size 1 teats.

It sounds like the size 2s are too fast for him right now, if he's gulping and losing suction.
Leave him on size 1s until he's falling asleep on the bottle, or pushing it away half way through due to frustration.

I think Cay went to size 2s around four months. Xx

I thought about this, but when he was on the size 1 teats he would fall asleep on the bottle....i may however try again tomorrow and see how he gets on. And thing is worth a try :)

Thanks x x

Would he have been just too little then?
Cay would fall asleep while eating all the time for like the first month...

Give it a go and see what happens... If that doesn't work, I don't know... Sounds like you've tried everything else.

Xx

Anna would do teh exact same as what you said with the gulping sound and the sudden breaks when she sucks. But she was worse on size 1s. She also kept doing a hupping sound which she still does do. What we have found is stopping her about 3-4 times during her feed to get a burp out. She does sometimes strop but this way she doesn't have the gripes later that day. I also do a little bounce on my knee...it can bring up a bit of sick but generally it brings out a good old burp.

I definitely suggest stopping him a few times mid feed to get a burp up if you aren't doing that already. When she started hupping and I felt a big gulp of air in her belly then I would stop and wind her. She is slowly getting better thank god but still very windy.

Hope its better soon :D xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back