Trapped wind...need remedies

PurplePixi

Reaction score
Hi guys
I'm suffering really bad trapped wind it's so uncomfortable and annoying that I can't relieve myself. I'm worried incase maybe something more sinister than wind it's hard to tell.

Anyone know what's effective and safe

Xxx

My doctor recommended lactulose which you can buy over the counter but that gave me diarrhoea - she also suggested peppermint oil which you can by in capsule form. Helped me loads and I don't have any pain from bloating or constipation anymore. I've now stopped taking them as I seem to be sorted. Perhaps peppermint tea as an alternative?

Thanks I will give that a go I have been eating polo mints today but that doesn't seem to help xx

Hiya, I drink peppermint tea which helps. I also have peppermint tablets but haven't used them in a while.

Failing that, I lay on the floor with my legs in the air and slowly rotate until it comes out! Haha.

Hope it gets sorted for you soon x

Im suffering too hun bloody wind!!!

Michelle. x

Windeze u can use wgen preg x

mummy to ds 11/7/11
pregnant *team pink* due 12/9/13

I really found eating allbran chocky cereal helped and lactulose was great too but its just getting the dose right for your body, little and regular is better, but within24 hrs of taking id be pooping nicely, and the wind i got from being bunged up

Yayyy for you being 11 weeks today pixi!!! Whens your scan?

Thanks JJ can't believe iv got this far still so nervous though. Scan is next Friday 19th I was put back a week at my early scan but they never changed my due date so will see what happens next week and will update my ticker. Hoping get put forward again xxx

I find lying down in bed with my legs raised (feet on bed but knees up) really helps nature take its course!

The wonders of a slow digestive system huh......walking around is good sitting still a defi no no.....then as others said peppermint. Rennie can be good and are safe while prego. Hope you find relief soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back