Transverse Breech at 38 weeks?

Lulabell

Reaction score
I have this horrible sneaking suspicion that baby has turned transverse breech...I'm 38 weeks today. Not what I need! :wall2:

Awww no!
Mines currently footling breech but only 36+4. Had a private scan Sunday after also suspecting he wasnt the right way, despite my MW being adamant he was head down lol.
New i was right!
I have a ECV booked for 37+6 to try and turn him as i called my assessment unit yesterday to tell them about my scan. So they asked me to come up today to be reacNned for them to document it.
If ur really unsettled by it hun and its playing on ur mind stress it to ur mw, she should be able to arrange a quick scan up the hosp.

Best to be safe and sure. x

Last edited:
Spoke to maternity unit midwife today. She told me to sit it out til my next midwife appointment which us next Tuesday. I'll be 39 weeks. She said that sounds like baby is mobile and could just keep turning until labour starts. They have advised me that if I suspect labour has started to phone asap and they'll check position before letting me deliver. Scary as my labour with ds was just under 6 hours from first contraction to delivery. Not leaving me much time. :-S

Hmmmm.... Id be a bit reluctant to wait until labour!
MWs can easily mistake bums for heads... As mine did lol!

And like you said, of you labour is fast your going have to have a rushed em c section.
Where as if they checked u now they could try and do an ecv and have baby turned ready..
This is why i booked a private scan cos i just new i was right and my mw wouldnt of suggested calling the hosp.

Lie and aay uve had a private one and baby is breech lol! Theyll never know and if babynis the right way then like they say, baby could of turned! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back