transport

kirsty

Reaction score
im starting to get everything in for baby Kayla and of course a pram is the main objective. As im still a teenager i want to "show my baby off in style" yet make sure she's safe and comfortable. Many friends of mine have travel systems, the ones with the car seats attatched. They use these continuously to transport there children around. However, my mum (Whos opinion i always regard) (And who always seems to be right) says that this is dangerous for newborn children and that they should only be allowed in them for an hour or so as a flat surface is needed for the childs back support. If this is the case then there must be many children with bad backs! Wot do you think? Im taking my mums advice and getting a proper pram at the hefty price of £375 rather than the cheap £100. It's a good job my dad's paying!! LOL

DH and I are getting a travel system because not only do you need an infant carseat for the car, but the baby fits more snug and secure in the infant carseat attached to the stroller rather than the pram/stroller. I guess it's all a matter of personal preference. I like the convenience of being able to use the infant carseat in the car as well as stroller, and then being able to use the stroller once the baby grows out of the carseat!

Thats what i initially (sp?) thought about the stroller but i can also attatch the stroller seat onto the prams chasis once she's outgrown her carry-cot, plus i dont drive so i suppose its a matter of preference!

Yea, If you don't drive then it's definately wise to invest in one that can take a lot of use! I spent 5 months in Edinburgh, Scotland with DH(that's where he lives) and I know I seen a lot of people using heavyduty prams. It all depends on your lifestyle! We'll just be using ours to take the baby for walks or shopping, nothing major!

i have been told that the travel systems tend to break quite easily my sis in law has gone through a few with my niece but i really like them.but im gettin a 3 wheeler pram that goes into a pushchair as and when the baby can support its self better you have to remeber its alot of money for something to break so i would ask around ask ur friends and in mothercare and places like that :D

I've gone for a Mamas and Papas Pramette as this can be a pram while the baby is young and then a pushchair when it's a bit older. The reason I picked this one is because when it's a pram it folds down just as small and compact as when it's a pushchair and only weighs 10Kg - perfect for public transport etc.

I don't like the carry tots as I think they're very expensive for what they are and so instead have bought a fixed car seat that's suitable from newborn to 3.

My best advice would to be windowshop and research around. No matter which route you choose to go, there's going to be cheap stuff that breaks easily. If you're going to need something for everyday use, like if you don't have a car, then definately invest in something well built even if it costs more. Also look up the manufacturer to see if there's any recalls. Here in the USA, babiesrus.com is a great place to get reviews on travel systems/strollers or anything else you may need for the baby.

Just a quickie - try the Kelkoo website (I think its www.kelkoo.co.uk) and input what you are looking for (i.e. stroller or whatever) and they find you the cheapest deals. Very good website and you may save some money with a bit of luck!

I got a travel system for my first child and it was great!

Whichever one you go for, I would definitley recommend getting one where the baby can face you a lot of people don't think about this stuff but when you're walking along, you want to be able to see your baby, and the baby wants to see you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back