tralalaaaaaaaaaaaa

pips

Reaction score
i'm so excited (even despite tiredness)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

feb is coming up so fast!!!!! it's nearly us... omygod :shock:
just wanted to say that

who's the same?
hey feb mums give us some news!!!

hope you're all well
xxxx

hey Julie!

yes we can see the end of it now..
got nappies today just in case lol

you lucky thing being off work! i know it will probably make the wait seem longer for you but at least you can rest loads and be as fresh as poss for labour.
i'm a student so dont have the luxury of maternity leave :(
and i have millions of essays to hand in dead soon, dont know how i will manage as staying at the computer for hours is getting really sore

are you getting any unusual pains? anything to tell its getting close?

i see my midwife next week as well, havent seen her for over a month as i was away over xmas, but when i was in france i saw a gynecologist (spelling?) who said i'm prob having a girl and she will prob be early rather than late, oooooh!!! :D

let us know how it goes
take care
pippa xxx

im getting so so excited now, cant believe the pregnancy has gone by so quick, cant wait to have baby Charlotte with us!
we put up the cot last night, i just keep gazing at it, imagining etc!!!
Have decided to change hospitals, and go with the local birthing centre for a natural birth.....am i totally mad or what??!!
Good to hear your all ok/ xxxxxxxxxxxxx

do you know what type of natural birth you want hels?
i think natural births are the best idea!! go for it girl :D

anyone else getting period pain? i'm getting it strong on and off all the time!

check it out! your wee feb baby might be a january baby!!!!
are you ready for it?

i've not had period pains, but i've had tightenings and baby is pressing down real low

tell us about any changes/progress....
good luck!

i wouldn't mind if my february baby turned into a january baby..... feeling big and fed up, and after my scan last wednesday i know he's properly cooked in there - he is already bigger than i was at birth! come om baby, come out!!!!!

you had another scan petchy? is everything ok?

i have to admit i wouldnt mind if baby came early either... if we start now on pineapples maybe that will encourage them.. or does pineapple juice work? lol

:D try and talk it into coming out!! i'm trying to convince it to come between the next week and three weeks... lets hope it works :?

Im hoping for lots of intervention like aromotherapy, massage, reflexology, hot towels(!!) with a water birth delivery, ill also be using my TENS and im sure ill get thru plenty of gas and air!!! its nice cos you get 1-1 with the midwife, and im gonna need plenty of reasurrance and someone just there to say 'you can do it!!'
Ive gotta admit tho, ive been naughty....im using my clary sage daily now, and the dog is knackered from walking all the time, although my MW suggests that it is only really nookie that does the job....OH is grinning away!!
id love to join the January club too Petchy ( no offence to Febs!) heres hoping!! LOL.
Have you thought about pain relief/ types of births?

hels -I'm going for as natural a birth as i can:
i will be in the general maternity but i have checked they do waterbirths as i am having nothing else!! ( i really want to avoid epidurals and so on)
i was lucky i got a tour round the ward, and it was LOVELY! one of the midwives there told me if i am having a waterbirth i can bring my own oils and use what i want to soothe me in the water. i can also bring cd's and comforting things, anything to make me feel better :D

she was really encouraging and i dont regret the choice of going to the maternity as its brand new and has adopted the latest concepts of free birth. also its just next to op rooms in case anything goes wrong

as for aromatherapy i'm using my own skills! i'm equiped with two excellent books for mothers, baby, and birth. i already have all the oils i will want for when i go into labour -i really believe in aromatherapy. and i am teaching my birth partner how to do the massages (compresses with clary sage or calendula tincture are best, so dont over do it before the labour lol)

water births are excellent! if you have oils (ie lavender it also gets you ready for a better healing). my mother wanted a water birth but unfortunately i was early so they never filled the tank on time (20 years ago the tanks were much bigger).
if you want info on natural births and water births, check out sites about Docteur Michel Odent, as he was one of the main founders of 'painless birth', and the Pithiviers maternity which unfortunately no longer exists. thats where i was born and if it was still there i would be giving birth there (they even had wooden cots for the babies, not horrid plastic ones....)

i hope we've made the right choice!
let us know how its going
xxx

you had another scan petchy? is everything ok?
yes everything is perfect, nothing wrong at all! i've been taking part in a voluntary study on caffeine intake during pregnancy in relation to birth weight so as part of that i had 2 extra scans - which to be honest is why i signed up in the 1st place! lol

i seem to answer every second post here.. would that mean i am too often on the forum?! it would appear so argh!

petchy, i would be quite interested to see the outcome of that study. when do you get any results? are you a coffee addict as well?

anyway the important thing is your wee one is well and from what you say he's even better than that! good for you
xx

no i don't really drink a lot of coffe, tea or cola at all, but they needed all sorts of different people, for comparison reasons! lol

i don't know when the results will be published, they still only have half the data they need. i too will be interested in finding out! seems the study started in 2003 ( http://www.le.ac.uk/press/press/probeintolink.html ) so looks like a long term study!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back