Toys

Aisha83

Reaction score
My little boy is 8 weeks tomorrow, what toys can I give him that will entertain/stimulate him?

I’m sure you know this but you can’t really give them anything at 8 weeks because they can’t do much except follow things with their eyes and start to bat at them! Some games I play with my 10 week old:

- shaking a rattle/anything noisy near her, she likes to bat at it and watch it
- floating plush toys/rattles around above her head for her to follow with her eyes
- putting her on her play gym
- Your hands are a good toy for them at 8 weeks! I sing my daughter songs like twinkle twinkle little star and do crazy hand gestures for her to watch. It makes her very happy :)

If you’re going to buy toys for an 8 week old I’d recommend crinkly/rattle things so that when they manage to hit the toy, it makes a sound.

Thanks for the reply. Yes I did think that. I have a playmat which has floating toys and an attachment that plays music when he kicks which he seems to like. I have tried singing to him (I sound like a screaming cat lol,) which makes him smile. So guess I'll stick with what I have at the moment

Baby gym was and still is a firm favourite!! My LO is now 4 months old. I found he was more interested in sounds at that age for the same reasons WinterWolf said.

Have a look at lamaze toys they are great. I have introduced them to both of mine at early stages x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back