Totally not organised at all

Copterpops

Reaction score
So, as the title suggests, I am wondering if I am the most unprepared mum-to-be.

I am currently 25+3 with first baby, and so far have the pram and car seat on order.

Sent mum to Aldi to buy a couple of things while we were away last week, so now have a couple of the little cellular blankets, muslins, and she picked up a couple of baby grows in Tesco.

We have nothing sorted out for babies room as of yet (it needs a complete renovation, getting new skirtings etc before being redecorated)

Surely I cannot possibly be the only one this un-organised?!

I am not organized at all and have no idea what to buy! Have not bought anything yet and will wait until we move until our new house when I will be 26-27 weeks or more. And its a new build so will have to buy all the furniture and organize the baby room then.. hope I don't leave it too late but not sure how I can do this differently. Not sure what to buy for the room or what beds to buys etc. Scared when I think about it but I am sure it will be fine :)

I also don't think its good to read too much and buy all the stuff out there since so much is unnecessary. xx

Clothes, food, nappies. All you need (I keep being told lol)! Try not to worry

My plan is to breastfeed, so food shouldn't be an issue. If breastfeeding doesn't happen, we will cross that bridge at the time.

I am now getting more paranoid that if baby decides to make an early appearance we will be in trouble. I am kinda banking on it being late!!

My SIL and her OH moved house 2 weeks before their first baby was born.

A couple I'm friends with - I was over at their house a week before their first was due, and the 'nursery' was crammed full of boxes and stuff because they'd only just moved in, with just a moses basket containing the essentials (nappies and a few baby grows).

Both couples made things work just fine. Some people take great joy in getting everything just right way in advance. Other people figure it will come together on time. In all cases baby will arrive, and you'll have/find the means to take care of them regardless of how prepared you thought you were (or weren't).

Don't let other people (or the media) stress you out when it comes to buying stuff. The only thing I recommend getting ASAP is a car seat. I don't know about other areas, but mine will not let you leave the hospital without safe means to transport baby home.

Nursery isn't an issue. Baby doesn't care,and they don't go in for 6months anyway

Oh I feel awful! I'm 24 weeks and have NOTHING! I have bought absolutely nothing :blush: I would not be me if I had though... Im last minute Sally. The will hit 35 weeks and be in a panic but I always get it done. I'm not worried about a nursery as baby will be in with us and then sharing with DD. But I am not at all organized as you can tell :)

I'm usually super organised with everything. This time, not so much! I've bought some clothes - just because we found out gender and I felt I had to!! We've got most stuff from my son anyway, but I really need to get it all out to check condition etc. Can't be bothered!!! You've got like 3 months, it's way more time than you realise I think xxx

I'm starting to get there...

Up until the other week I'd only bought "fun" purchases (baby clothes!)

This last week I've bought nappies & wipes and I just bought my changing bag, should be here some time next week.

I still need to buy essentials though, but my house is tiny and I have piles of baby clothes and nappies all over lol!

I am wanting to wait til spring (March really) to get organised tbh as I want to wash everything and hang them on the line to dry before putting them away.
Plus my vacuum has broken so I'm having to sweep up pet fur!!! (Not ideal) so it makes more sense to wait til the weather improves a bit when the cats will be outside more and I'll have a working vacuum by then (hopefully by next week tbh) and then when I'm sorting through everything they won't get stray pet fur on them.

I'm not even contemplating the big things like the car seat or breast pump until May.
And at some point I need to get some cheap towels and a waterproof sheet or two as I'm planning a homebirth. Baby is also going to be in with me so no need to worry about nursery or nursery furniture (don't have the room anyway! It's only a 2bed house and my older 2 kids already share the other bedroom).
But really, that's about it. there isn't a whole lot to buy, and if baby came "now" (Ok it's not fully cooked now, but if it were) I could manage, it'd just be a case of sticking everything in the washer & getting them dry. We could manage. Even without the car seat for a while as I wouldn't especially be planning to go anywhere in the first few days anyway (and could always walk or get the bus lol).

Last edited:
I've bought a pair of shoes that look like a shark.

Thats it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back