Totally exhausted!

futuremum

Reaction score
Hi!

I am worried because I am only 29 weeks but am so tired!!!! I nearly fell asleep driving back from work and ended up in tears this morning I was so tired. My year 11 bottom set were not too bad but I could not teach today. Having a new head of department makes me feel the pressure as well and my lesson observation is on a friday period 5, I will be totally shattered...
I am supposed to go on maternity leave on the 20th of November but do not know if i will manage, thing is, cannot afford going on maternity leave earlier and do not think the GP will sign me off because I am tired.
I tried to cook yesterday, nearly burnt the house down, well the pan is in the bin totally burnt with the dinner(pan is in 2 pieces, broke with the heat too!!!). everything I hold ends up on the floor. Baby is kicking all the time, is moving a lot and it is quite painful when he moves, sometimes i do not know if I am going to wee myself or if my waters are going to break....

Anyway, just needed to moan a bit, cannot wait for 20th of November...

I totally know how you feel.
To be honest I realised that my super-low energy levels were down to my diet.
I had to start eating cereal for breakfast EVERY day, and made sure I have fruit (or more cereal) instead of a chocolate bar in the afternoon to give better quality of enery instead of a sugar rush.

Hope things get better for you!

Have you been tested for Anemia?

It's is awful, i know what you mean about crying when you get up cos i was the same, just so tired.

I am not bad now cos i have gone part time so i don't start work til 1.30, so i just get up when Amy does which is usually about 8.30-9am.

I would ask for blood tests, and definately tell you midwife, especially if you are nodding off at the wheel of your car!!

:D :D

I had some blood tests taken last week, i suppose the results are not there yet.
Will try to eat more fruits and vegs although i try to include them in my diet but i do not think i have enough

Hi,

my iron levels were actually good when I got tested a fortnight ago but I'm still totally knackered and I can't concentrate on anything at all. I've had to ban myself from trying to multi-task when cooking too as I boiled two pans full of water dry in my second trimester and I got worried that I'd burn the house down or something. A friend of mine who is about 6 months pregnant has been signed off from work because she is really really tired so they might do it if you ask. There's nothing worse than that panicky feeling that you're too tired to cope with anything.

Hope it's just a phase and that you feel better soon

+++

Hiya

Ive had my bloods tested regular and everything is fine but Ive felt so tired too. Lucky for me, Im at home without a job but dont know how I would have coped with working. Ive put it down to my weight and age to be honest but after reading other postings I think its just the pregnancy!!

Only advice is to make sure you eating stacks of fruit and vegetables. Also having a Protein breakfast might be better to boost you for the day if you can hack it of course (Bacon eggs..etc)

Hope you feel better soon xxxx

Ragna xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back