totally baffled!!!

soconfused

Reaction score
is anyone else completely baffled by prams?

im 28weeks today so iv decided to knuckle down and finally get all the things i need.

im just finding this pram business so confusing :cry:

iv spoken to people in shops but despite their help i just dont know what to do or which type etc.

if anyone has an amazing pram and can tell me where to purchase one or knows the ideal type to get please message me, thanks

xxx

The problem with prams is that there's so many different types and styles and features that I didn't know where to start so what I did was to think about my life and make a mental list of features I wanted or things I didn't want.

My mum already had a car seat so there was no point in me getting a travel system, I will use public transport a lot so it needs to be light and fold down well, I want the baby to face me in the beginning, etc.

The pram I went for in the end is a Mamas and Papas Pliko Pramette which can be a pram or a pushchair and is light and folds down really easily.

The best thing I think is once you've got clear in your head how you will use the pram go into the shop and ask for demonstrations of how they fold etc.

From working with lots of women with different prams etc, from experience I would go for a pram that turns into a pushchair and if it doesn't come with a car seat then get one seperately. A pram is so much better for a new baby, they can lay flat and be comfortable rather than being wedged into a buggy or travel system that is more shaped, it's better for thier backs too.

There are loads on ebay which are very good value as many are half the retail price and they are all brand new - they have allsorts and it saves you trudging round the shops.

Happy hunting.

I agree choosing a pram is a hard decision especially with the amount to choose from. I am expecting our third and had previously sold all our baby items so had to start again. My words of wisdom are choose one that isn't too heavy. Make sure it fits in your car. And of course what you can afford. I have also found three wheelers to be so much easier. I even found a baby car capsule that can safely fit into my pram so I dont have to wake the baby at school drop off time.

Hope this helps and good luck

I have this pram without the car seat bit.

I haven't used it yet but have been playing around with folding/unfolding and it's really good.

I'll let you know what it's like to have a baby in it as soon as my little one arrives and we've had a chance to test drive! :D

The best kind of pushchairs are definitly the ones where they can FACE YOU if you want or face forward later. They're so useful at first as you can see if they are ok, awake, asleep etc I don't know how people do without them.

Rememeber to check it fits in your car boot too if you have one!

Great choice, I've shosen a Mamas & Papas travel system too, they look funky, and after trying several out in several different stores, I found them the easiest to assemble, adjust etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back