torn labia?

BunnyN

Reaction score
Like most women I was worried about a torn perineum but my perineum survived birth just fine. I did have a torn labia though. It only required 4 stitches and wasn't painful so I guess I got off lightly but the midwife seemed a little surprised by it at the time so I was just wondering how common it is. Anyone else have this?

Not me! I tore but not there- sounds sore thoug. Glad you're not suffering from it though. Xx

Nope, have mostly heard about perineum. Unfortunately i had to be cut in both labours.

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

Mine tore second time, didn't really notice it! Just know beacuse the midwife told me!

My labia tore this time. I had a small tear one side and a graze the other. She asked it i wanted stitches and would only need 1 or 2 maximum, so i chose to let it heal on its own. It's been 10 days now and i've healed nicely.

Hope yours heals quickly too xx

Mine actually split right through. The MW put in 4 stitches to put it back together but they didn't hold, she said their was just so little skin on the one side that there wasnt much to stitch into and they just pulled out. So now as she put it I am a "special lady" down there. She was really quite worried about breaking the news to me and then to my husband but it really doesnt bother me to be honest. It's not like anyone looks down there but my husband and he would probably have taken a year to notice if I didnt point it out. When I did point it out he says he likes it, it's kind of like getting a tatoo to remember the birth of our daughter. I was just happy I had not pain at all down there after the birth, I was mildy tender at the most. I guess the labia isnt a sensitive bit lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back