Too soon?

Ab202

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I'm 6 weeks pregnant and already feeling very uncomfortable in my normal jeans/trousers/leggings.

I'm not showing yet, but for some reason just don't feel very comfortable at all!

Has anyone else experienced this? Does it pass? Is it too soon to invest in some maternity trousers?

Also, where is a good shop (UK) to get maternity clothing without a crazy price tag?

Sorry for the essay! Haha :)

I was in maternity pants by week 7 or 8 I'm blooming huge for how far I am lol. I got all my pants from eBay good quality and very cheap the sports wear in sainsbury is also very stretchy expands over bump and cheap too.

My belly popped form 6 weeks. Never went down, just kept growing. Matalan maternity leggings are my fave xx

I suffered terribly with bloating which made me feel massive from very early on.. Leggings and yoga pants are great and then for when you have a 'proper' bump h&m and New Look are quite reasonable. I find Mothercare hideously overpriced for the quality.. just wear whatever is comfy :) xx

Thanks ladies! Your comments are all really helpful! Looks like a shopping spree is on the cards this weekend!!

You can get quite bloated due to hormones etc it's not really a baby bump as such t it can make u uncomfortable, time to get the comfies out

Ab, you must have been reading my mind!.. I just wrote on the July thread about how uncomfortable I feel!

I've already bought a couple of maternity dresses which just look like normal dresses but hide this bloating!

None of my jeans fit - not without them digging in and hurting!

xx

I'm the same, I work in a smart office so all my work clothes are fitted dresses, suits, skirts etc with no elastic at all. I'm so bloated and uncomfortable by lunchtime! I think I'm going to have to start wearing trousers and fasten them with a hair bobble rather than doing the button up haha and wear a slightly longer top xx

It's a really weird feeling isn't it?! I can't quite describe it! Not painful just really uncomfortable!

I went looking for maternity trousers today, but they're all ones that go over your bump - which I'm nowhere near big enough for yet!! However, ASDA do some jeggings which have quite a big elasticated panel at the top, so they come up quite high on my waist, I've bought a couple of pairs of them for now! Tried them on and they're a lot comfier than my current skinny jeans!

Over the bump are so much better, under the bump are uncomfortable and fall down a bit. The jeggings sound perfect for now. Makes such a difference to by comfy xx

I have a pair of the jeggings with the stretchy waistband too, their much more comfortable then having to try and button up my normal jeans atm!

With the over the bump ones, are they just for when your bumps quite big? Or do you wear them as bumpy growing?

xx

I started wearing them at about 9 weeks. Some have baggier panels that others. I got some from very and the band is better for earlier on and will stretch with bump. I also got some forever fit ones from dorothy perkins but the panel was quite baggy so would show through clothes before bump filled it a bit xx

Lol I've just bought some leggings a size up. Belly is huge lol. Xx

Thanks for your replies everyone! Glad I'm not the only one - almost felt a bit silly because I haven't got a "real bump" yet!

I feel very bloated, however i am a bigger girl! But ive noticed my jeans are tighter and my knickers! Thank god for over the belly bridget jones' thats all ill say! :D ��

I was in mat jeans by 13 weeks. I just felt so bloated.

Get a feeling I'll end up buying more soon! After a day of my new ones I was again uncomfortable!! I can't win! Haha :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back