Too similar?

purpleslurple

Reaction score
We are team yellow but if we have a boy we would like to call him Alex. I'm a bit worried as my niece is called Alice - do you think they are too similar? Apart from my son, Alice is the only other baby in our family so quite close. My husband doesn't think it's a problem and I'm pretty sure my brother won't mind but I have a nagging doubt. What do you think?

Personally I dont think its too similar at all. I would go with Alex if that is the name you want- it is lovely so go for it!

No not at all. Plus if that's the name you want then have it. X

I don't see a problem, but why not mention it to your brother & see what he thinks? :)

It's a conpletely different name so I wouldn't worry. My friend has a daughter called Lacey and her sister had a baby later on and called her Lucy, and they both have Louise for a Middle name !!

I don't think so. We were going to name our daughter Lucy (we have a Luke) but know took u Lucies so didn't .

It's not close. Names are different. There could be problem if they were sister and brother, but in general, everything is fine.

They sound totally different to me.

I think however if I already had a child called Alex, I wouldn't choose Alice as a name for the sister so I can see your train of thought.

Honestly, its a lovely name and unless you are all living under the same roof, it shouldn't matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back