Too much napping?

northerngirl

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
So Felix is almost 13 months and still has 2 naps a day, usually meaning he naps for around 3 hours a day, sometimes even more.
He does still sleep from 8-6 most nights, but he seems pretty sleepy a lot in the daytime and I'm just wondering is he sleeping too much? I don't want him to be missing out on playing and learning time by being asleep, and don' t want to get him into a cycle of needing a lot of sleep.
How long do your LOs sleep for in the day? Am I over thinking it?

Hey!

If they need sleep at the end of the day they will sleep as much as needed.

Sofia is 5 now, and she can still easily have a nap after school and still sleep a 12 hour night, and she has always been a keen napper. He won't be missing out on anything by sleeping, babies do most of their developing in their sleep! So don't worry, it is good that he sleeps all the time and you can still get a good night out of him, lots of people would love this to happen! xxx

My little girl is 14 months old and she still has 2 naps a day- she normally sleeps for an hour and a half in the morning and 45 minutes in the afternoon. She doesn't sleep all night though- she normally wakes twice but the last few nights she's only woken once! I can't not let her sleep though otherwise she turns into a quivery wreck xxx

I really wouldn't worry, they need a lot of sleep. Our 25 month old still naps 2-3 hours in the afternoon and sleeps 10-11 hours overnight.

My little boy is 14 months now and still sleeps a good 2-3 hours t hrought the day and 11 hours at night. They are growing all the time, that's what I tell myself anyway! .Xx

Caleb is 15 months and he sleeps 12 hours at night and will have anywhere from just one 35 minute nap to two naps that are about 2-3hrs in total. We're getting to the point where it's only the one nap he needs and a second one will be accidental in the car or whatnot. He has always seemed to need slightly less sleep in the day than other babies his age we know though - his friend is 2 weeks older and she still has a 2-3 hour nap every afternoon!

Like others have said they're all different and he obviously just needs that amount of sleep - enjoy the cup of tea I say! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back