Too much milk?

amyknight88

Reaction score
Carey has started taking about 8oz a time and he still wants feeding every 3/4 hours and is waking every 3 hours through the night for about 6oz even though he takes a big 9oz just before bed, not sure if hes taking too much in because he is getting so big.
my mum reckons he's having too much but if hes screaming for milk then what can i do but give it to him?
He's not bloated but he does pee for england, although HV seams happy with him im not sure if im overfeeding him?

He is eating a lot but you can't over feed him, he will only take what he needs, he obviously needs it!!

He's fine hun just carry on as you are, he may be having a growth spurt and may settle down and sleep through soon.

Are you using the "hungry baby" milk?

No, HV told me its usually best to start them on that around 12 weeks as thats when they tend to need it more but im sure somebody is about to tell me differently now as it seams everyone gets told differently?

My HV told me not to use it at all!!

amyknight88 said:
No, HV told me its usually best to start them on that around 12 weeks as thats when they tend to need it more but im sure somebody is about to tell me differently now as it seams everyone gets told differently?

Hmm, now don't quote me as I'm breastfeeding but I would say try hungry milk, at least for the night-time feed maybe?
Other people here will know better than me tho as it's been 4 years since I had experience with formula.

i was told by HV to put B on hungrier milk at 3 weeks lol his a piggy

Too long ago to remember clearly :? ..but I had to put my eldest son on Hungry baby milk and it really did make a marked difference.

Trouble is different HV have different ideas hun, (as we have seen time and time again on this forum) sometimes you have to take the advice and then decide what is right for YOUR baby.

Ragna xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jess was on the hungry baby milk at 1 month. Hv say dont listen to mum/grannies/older people when giving advice but I find the old ways the best. What about a really milky rusk mix?
If you were over feeding him surely he would barf it up, I think your doing fine.

Laura

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back