too excited for gender scan tomorrow! ! any last gursses?

Congrats pip, I know exactly where your coming from with gender disappointment, the real thing behind it is, all the plans you made that u could do with your daughter cannot be fulfilled, now it's a boy, you can come up with new plans, you'll be over it in days. Congrats on your little man, there is a couple on the forum who cannot successfully have kids naturally and need to rely on a donor, this makes me realise how lucky I am. Congrats on your little man, don't worry to much, when your buying him little track suits and toys, you'll soon be over it, take care

Much love :)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Congrats pip, I know exactly where your coming from with gender disappointment, the real thing behind it is, all the plans you made that u could do with your daughter cannot be fulfilled, now it's a boy, you can come up with new plans, you'll be over it in days. Congrats on your little man, there is a couple on the forum who cannot successfully have kids naturally and need to rely on a donor, this makes me realise how lucky I am. Congrats on your little man, don't worry to much, when your buying him little track suits and toys, you'll soon be over it, take care

Much love :)

That's not true if true GD actually (I'm not saying that's what this thread is about btw).
You don't "get over it", I'm having counselling for GD and will never "get over it", its a deep rooted psychological issue and not a passing phase.
Also, reminding those who are suffering with GD that "some can't have kids" really does nothing to help.
Just wanted to point that out as it is important.

I totally respect GD, and i really hope you can come to terms with not getting what you desperately wanted x

However I just got used to the girl idea, my heart wasnt 100% set or relying on it. I think me saying I have gd is like people saying theyre depressed when theyre just having a bad day! Unless youve had GD (or been clinically depressed) youve no idea of the consuming despair it brings, its a chemical thing, not a conscious choice..
I just ended up having a preference is all. But hey ho, my boy will be a gorgeous strapping mommys boy! :)

Its the day after my scan and my mantra of "I have a son" is already making me smile from ear to ear :)

Bring on the blue!

Good on you Pippa, you are allowed to be disappointed, you don't need to explain.
I'm glad you are coming to terms with your gender result, you sound very sensible about it. xx

My initial post wasn't aimed at you Pippa btw, I just feel the need to comment when I see things like that written about GD by people who don't understand xx

Congrats on team blue pippa!

I didn't have the same thing.. but I was convinced I was having a girl so when I saw his winky it was a huge shock, so I kind of know how you feel..

But you just have to see the little blue dungerees or little shirts and it makes it all okay :)

Love your pram BTW :) x

My initial post wasn't aimed at you Pippa btw, I just feel the need to comment when I see rubbish written about GD by people who don't understand it xx

I know bab, but id give people a break who've not experienced it. Unless you have been there or experienced that kind of thing, its quite easy to brush off and make the "some people cant even have kids" sorts of comments. Some people will find thinking about that makes them feel better, and good for them. but that because they had a gender preference, not actual gd.
(Like telling someone thats depressed, cheer up youve got your health!)
I was slightly worried about GD because ive suffered from depression before and somehow feel more susceptible to that sort of thing. As it happens, im fine!

My initial post wasn't aimed at you Pippa btw, I just feel the need to comment when I see rubbish written about GD by people who don't understand it xx

I know bab, but id give people a break who've not experienced it. Unless you have been there or experienced that kind of thing, its quite easy to brush off and make the "some people cant even have kids" sorts of comments. Some people will find thinking about that makes them feel better, and good for them. but that because they had a gender preference, not actual gd.
I was slightly worried about GD because ive suffered from depression before and somehow feel more susceptible to that sort of thing. As it happens, im fine!

I know what you mean but flippant comments like that can really get to people who have suffered from GD and I wouldn't want anyone who is suffering to read that and be made to feel any more guilty than they already do. It's a guilt ridden disorder and when people throw out "some people can't have kids at all", it piles on more guilt. Do you see what I'm saying :)
I do know what you mean though x

Totally understand. Its just a matter of talking about it and educating people :)

I know what you mean but flippant comments like that can really get to people who have suffered from GD and I wouldn't want anyone who is suffering to read that and be made to feel any more guilty than they already do. It's a guilt ridden disorder and when people throw out "some people can't have kids at all", it piles on more guilt. Do you see what I'm saying :)

I don't like your attitude. I come here trying to be nice and every thing I say, u knock. I'll just read and run from now on

congratulations on a boy :) i was really set on a girl too but now im equally excited for my little boy!! xxxx

Pippa did your preference change at all. I've always wanted a girl. Just have. Even at the beginning of finding out I had got a bfp, I was the same. I've said before I want to find out as I am worried that the gender result may affect my anxiety issues etc. but now I'm really really finding I have less of a preference? I still want to find out. I'm not sure if I'm protecting myself or if I really don't mind anymore. I'll still find out. Guess I'll know how I feel at the scan.

Pippa did your preference change at all. I've always wanted a girl. Just have. Even at the beginning of finding out I had got a bfp, I was the same. I've said before I want to find out as I am worried that the gender result may affect my anxiety issues etc. but now I'm really really finding I have less of a preference? I still want to find out. I'm not sure if I'm protecting myself or if I really don't mind anymore. I'll still find out. Guess I'll know how I feel at the scan.

At first I KNEW it was a boy but changed my mind. When I realised that it might be a girl, I just got attached to the idea to the point I was convinced I wanted a girl and thats what I was having. Obviously now im not, ilk go back to loving the boy stuff. Im already enjoying telling people its a boy :)

Ok so it's normal that my preference is changing. If I'm having a boy I am so getting the cowboy changing bag and stuff from cath kidston. My oh really has no preference but thinks a boy might be easier in the long run. They are so affectionate when little too. I love my nephews to bits. But girls have pretty things :)

I don't like your attitude. I come here trying to be nice and every thing I say, u knock. I'll just read and run from now on

That's a shame for you. I wasn't rude, I have my views and you have yours.
I will say how I feel and as long as I'm not rude then you are fee to respond.

Ok so it's normal that my preference is changing. If I'm having a boy I am so getting the cowboy changing bag and stuff from cath kidston. My oh really has no preference but thinks a boy might be easier in the long run. They are so affectionate when little too. I love my nephews to bits. But girls have pretty things :)

They say boys are easier dont they :)
I wouldn't know but it's normal to change preference hun for most x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back