Too early for movement?

LuckySeven

Reaction score
hi! 16w2d FTM. I swear I feel my little girl moving around in there! Twinges and tickles and thumps! But everything I read says first timers don't feel till 18-20+. Am I making it up? I feel like I can differentiate between gas and movement. Movement is on the surface! Gas is deeper! Thoughts??

I don't think it's too early it's different for everyone I probably felt my first alot earlier but just put it down to gas! you will know the difference :)

I felt my first 20 weeks and my second at 16, it's definitely possible to feel baby at 16, they just say first timers seem to notice it earlier because you know what to look for /expect, but there's no reason why a first time mum can't feel it at 16. You must just be really in tune with your body and have the placenta in a good position to feel baby :) so exciting! I'm on number 3 and convinced I've felt movement at 13 weeks this time but not certain enough to say 100% xx

Last edited:
This is my first and I felt him at 17+5. At the time I said either my digestive system was doing something weird ithad never done before or it was movement. Now I'm a bit further on I'm sure it was movement. I was really surprised as I was expecting to feel them much later on.

I felt the first thump just before 16 weeks, but pretty much kicked off with flutters at 16 weeks.

I was at the midwife today (15 weeks 1 day) and she said "so have you felt the baby a lot?" I said "for the last week I've been feeling little flutters/vibrations now and then but thought it was too early" and she said "absolutely not it's very common" it's my second tho but I think it definitely could be! X

It's not too early, at both my 16 week appointments the midwife asked if I'd had any movement and said to expect it very soon if I hadn't x

I felt tiny flutters from about 11 weeks and by about 15 weeks knew it was baby :)

I was feeling something at 16 weeks, MW assured that will be baby as when she did the Doppler it was very active. Unfortunately not felt anything for about 2 weeks now. Am a bit worried ad wondering if I imagined the sensations previously felt.

It really does vary for everyone. I have an anterior placenta and it's my first, both suggest feeling the baby later. Yet, I was felling flutters at 16 weeks. By 18 weeks they were becoming stronger and more frequent. By 20 weeks I was feeling a few strong kicks and was able to feel it with my hand. All of these things happened earlier than what I thought based on the reading I did. Now at 21 weeks, the movement is frequent and strong with many more kicks that can be clearly felt with my hand.

I'm pregnant with my 4th and I started to feel him at 16 weeks xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back