Tongue tie snip?

SaraLouise

Reaction score
The hospital just phoned me with an appt for Harrison's tongue tie, for tomorrow...

(they told me at birth that he had a little bit & wasn't worth snipping, then when health visitor came she wanted a second opinion)

Im so scared! I literally can't bare the thought of him having it snipped im actually considering cancelling! I know it will help with feeding though :/

For those that have had it done to your bubbas, did it seem to hurt them? Did it bleed? Did they cry?

I think if he needs it done I may have to leave him with OH & leave the room :(

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Max had his snipped and I can honestly say he cried for all of a second then latched straight on fed, and fell asleep. There was a little blood but not much and he had no problems afterwards. The doctor that did Max's took him off and brought him back to me literally within 30 seconds snuggled in his blanket for a cuddle xxx

Last edited:
Do you feel like it helped? X

J had tongue tie and she has hers snipped at 6 weeks. She screamed for maybe 1 minute and there was a little blood. He Put a pair of scissor in his hand walked over to her grabbed her tongue and snipped it. I think she cried from shock rather than pain. It was over in less than 30 seconds.

I was struggling to breast feed and was hoping this would help. But by the time it was done she was happy on expressed milk from bottles. I tried to breast feed her after but she still wasn't interested so I just carried on with expressing.

Xx

Please please don't cancel! Get it snipped!

My Jack is now 2 and everyone missed his partial tongue tie until I noticed it in May. He had no chance of latching on to me and I was desperate to breast feed, he was also useless with a bottle and never drank more than 4oz so was fed every 90mins for months and months. Every one just assumed he had a little appetite.

Now at 2 he still has blended food so it's almost pureed because he can't handle many lumps and he can't speak yet! He is having his snipped within the next 8 weeks and will have to have a general anesthetic (sp) so it's more like a proper operation rather than a simple procedure!

Please gets his snipped. For 30 seconds of pain to your little man and a little blood it'll be worth the hassle further down the line if he ends up like my little man x

Awh I'm not cancelling but I think daddy will have to be in the room with him & ill come in after for cuddles, I genuinely don't think I could watch!

We breastfeed but exclusively using nipple shields, hv seems to think that a snip will mean he will be able to latch without, so fingers crossed!

He should be able to hun! Best of luck! I wish Jack's was spotted sooner, i'd give anything to hear him say 1 word!! x

I breastfed with nipple shields and managed to feed without them after the snip so it definitely helped us. I still the shields after the snip if necessary but to be honest after a week there was no need xxx

Oh god its today! I can't believe how nervous I am haha!

Surgeon said that his tt was so small (1mm) that it wasn't worth putting him through it thankgod, I was almost in tears just sitting in the waiting room!

Although he has no excuse for not latching now, naughty boy! X

Glad it didn't need doing. I can't wait for Jack's to be done now but feel sick with worry about te anesthetic x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back