tommy tippee bottles

warrior princess

Reaction score
just bought a microwave sterilzer half price £10 FROM TESCO AND THE FREE BOTTLES YOU GET INSIDE DONT HAVE CAPS so when you will make up a feed and shake the bottle it will just all clog up the teet. is this the norm for bottles now . it is along time since i last bought bottles any one know

I bought the same one and also thought this. They do sell them separatley I looked on their website, so we could prob get them in Boots or something...

They are prob just trying to get more money out of us!!!! :evil:

bottles dont tend to come with them any more, ive never had a problem with clogged up teats. i think there alot wider then they used to be.

avent bottles don't come with discs anymore... i've never had a problem with clogged teats tho...

I bought the tommee tippee ones and thought the same, after a week of using the botles i switched to Nuk ones as i thought the tt ones were crap! the first size ones were terrible, the valves in em dont work so the teats go in on themselves when the air gets sucked out, then i switched to medium flow teats and he got more down his clothes than anywhere else, also i found the teats were long aswell so he used to gag on them, since being on the Nuk ones he has been loads better, no probs at all, i wouldnt switch from these if i got the others for free....

also not having caps in them you can,t take boiled water in them when travelling it would spill all over, may consider getting a different brand of bottles

I've got the microwave one too from tommee tippee and I have just checked the bottles that came in it

Mine have lids- I've even taken the cellophane off one to double check. They come off and pop back on again.

I'd maybe take the one u have back and change it.

when the lid is on the bottle, it makes it leak proof, its not like the old bottles where the lid didnt touch the teat so u ha to have the disk to keep the water in. does that make sense?

Oh I have just read the 1st post again :lol:

Do u mean the plastic discs? I shouldn't think u would need them as there is a lid that goes over the teat and that keeps it airtight as paradysso says.

So glad this is a post!! I was wondering exactly the same about taking EBM out in bottles. Now I know why they don;t come with caps.

I bought this today

http://www.tommeetippee.co.uk/product/c ... riers_x_2/ from boots in Bluewater. Save me taking big (holdall) bag of...

* Bag of EBM in insulated lunch bag thing with 4 ice packs,
* Tupperware of sterilised bottles (2 in case they were both needed)
* Flask of hot water (to warm milk) I know someone prob would have provided this (coffee shop or whatever) but I needed to know where water had come from..paranoid mummy!! :oops:
* Container to heat milk in!!!

My mum was horrified at how much stuff I took (+ changing bag!!)
I just didn't fancy BFing in public today and I wanted my mum to feed her as she is babysitting soon.
I am looking forwrad to travelling light next trip out!!

x

ohh glad i read this, i cbought ther steriliser too with the free bottles, never noticed it didnt hadve the caps in, but luckily i bought a tommy brest pump and that had a free bottle, and thats got one in!

thanks for all the advice looked on the tt website caps are only £1.99 will have to get some

i bought the microwave steriliser but i have no idea about bottles and caps? do i definately need them? i alos bought 4 tt bottles in a seperate pack, do they have them?
thanks

No u won't need the caps - as the lid keeps it airtight and if u have the lid on the bottle then nothing is going to come out ;)

as so you mean the discs.

no you shouldnt need them. although they can be handy.

i thought you meant the lids at first. i was thinking 'huh they have to give you them, its for hygiene if nothing else'

i personally dont like the TT bottles. i find the lids a pain in the bum, and the teats difficult to get into place, on noumerous occasions i have pulled the things straight through.

i use Avent now :)

Bee is right and I've tested....it'safe from spurting milk! Unlike my nipples at feeding time - poor LO got sprayed last night.. :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back