Tommee tippee variflow teats?

Mrsyogibear

Reaction score
Does anyone know what thease are like?
are they suitable for newborn?
how do they work? i dont want it too come out too fast for Lo

The teats on the bottles have been collapsing during feeds at times oh thinks this is due to him sucking hard on the teat. would you agree?

Hey hun.
I had the exact same thing with Leo... I put it down to him sucking too hard.. Also as for the variflow teats Leo has used them since about 3 month and he seemed to be ok with them but im not sure about variflow for a newborn as basically the harder they suck the more milk they get.

Sorry i couldn't be of more help xx

TT variflow are the first stage ones so I would assume that they r suitable for newborn hun. I bf but LO had a bottle of ebm at about 5 weeks and we used the variflow teats then with no issue. X

Last edited:
You can us the variflow teats from newborn yes. They are designed to let more milk out the harder LO sucks, if you look closely at the teats there is a tiny cross through the hole. It definitely sounds like your LO needs a larger teat if the teat has been collapsing, at any rate you could give them a go and if it's too much you have them for a later date.

i use these for alyssa as she was collapsing the smaller ones and these were the only other ones for 0+. she was 4 weeks at the time i think lol. shes much happier with them and only chokes if she tries to suck too hard at first lol

Thanks everyone, it doesnt happen at every feed just sometimes. i may try the variflow x

The only reason a Tommee Tippee CTN teat could collapse is if the slit at the tip of the inward-pointing 'tent-like' valve is stuck closed - it is a property of silicone to, occasionally, stick. Just manipulate the valve gently until you see that the slit can open. The teat will then never collapse - no matter how fast the baby drinks.

actually they collapse cos there is an imbalance of air inside the bottle just like pop or juice bottles if you suck out the contents without letting air get in.

hey hun

i had this problem with my alfie he was sucking that hard the teat was collapsing, but we were also having issues with constant feeding he would want milk every 2 hrs and it was driving me nuts!! i had some med flow teats come with my TT so tried them, and he now has no probs with teats collapsing and he manages to go 3-4 hrs between feeds now coz he takes more milk and isnt exhausted from all the sucking :)

i know med flow teats say 3 months plus but alfie went on them nearly 2 weeks ago, it all depends on each individual babys needs as some have strong suck and want more milk so higher flow is better, but some babies are happy with slow flow for a long time :) xxx

actually they collapse cos there is an imbalance of air inside the bottle just like pop or juice bottles if you suck out the contents without letting air get in.

Kindly verify that the slit at the tip of the inward-pointing 'tent-like' valve can open. If it does not, manipulate the valve it until it does. Once it opens the teat will not collapse with any suction rate.

oh are those the lil nodules on the side of the teat? lol i did wonder why there was a lumpy bit on the inside of them

Kindly verify that the slit at the tip of the inward-pointing 'tent-like' valve can open. If it does not, manipulate the valve it until it does. Once it opens the teat will not collapse with any suction rate.

i used these bottles with my last baby and this time and i know the valve was open but he wouldnt stop for anything just sucked reallly hard and they stil collapsed on him not every feed but they still did it!! but since i swapped to med flow teats we dont have the problem as the miks obviously coming out at a speed that suits him

oh are those the lil nodules on the side of the teat? lol i did wonder why there was a lumpy bit on the inside of them

- the "... lil nodules on the side of the teat?" This is not a Tommee Tippee teat!! This might look like one but it is not the soft, collapse-resistant, Tommee Tippee CTN teat.

yes it is, the 'tent like valve' is there like you describe lol, i just thought it was a funny lil lump thing on the inside of the teat but on closer inspection its as you said. and i havent had a variflow one collapse just the first size ones did so its pointless arguing with me about it dude lol

Wss, it IS tommee tippee, I am feeding Lo now and have just found it :)

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

yes it is, the 'tent like valve' is there like you describe lol, i just thought it was a funny lil lump thing on the inside of the teat but on closer inspection its as you said. and i havent had a variflow one collapse just the first size ones did so its pointless arguing with me about it dude lol

You are right- if there is the 'tent' it is the TT CTN. It was the mentioned 'nodules' (?) which made me wonder... Anyway: just keep the slit unstuck and no CTN teat will ever collapse.

tent, nodule, lumpy thing lol, just a way to describe a piece of rubber stuff that sticks out from the body of the teat on the inside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back