Tommee Tippee perfect prep and sterilising?

lisastevo

Reaction score
Hi all. Sorry if this has been asked before but I'm a little confused about something.

FTM and planning on formula feeding baby. I'm 34 weeks now so just getting prepared for the feeding. Me and OH are seriously considering buying the perfect prep machine but I have a question about sterilising the bottles before hand. We have a microwave steriliser which takes x amount of bottles but it says once the lid has been opened you have to use all the bottles straight away. Now if we didn't have the prep machine I guess you would make up all the bottles for the day ahead but the idea of the machine is to make 1 bottle at a time, quick and easy so therefore would only need one bottle at a time. So my rather waffled question is do I need to only sterilise the one bottle at a time or if I sterilise a full load how do I store the unused bottles until needed so they stay sterile?!

Wow, that was long winded, sorry. Any help and advice much appreciated.

Thanks

Hiya, we've got the perfect prep machine and tommee tippee microwave steriliser. We sterilise 4 bottles and put the bottles together - screw teat on and put cap on. They are then sterile for 24 hours. The health visitor suggested doing this as we were sterilising one at a time which was a pain.

Thank you. Also as you have the same set up we are hoping for. What do you do when you go out and about? Was wondering if you could make the bottles up using the machine then say for example cool and refrigerate some to then take out for the day and re-warm when needed? If that's a no go what do you tend to do? Thank you for replying

We are actually combination feeding - breast feeding in day and topping up with a couple of bottles of formula in evenings (1/2 bottles) - regarding feeding whilst out and about we've only done it twice so probably wont be much help but when we did we bought the ready to use small bottles of aptimal (can feed straight from room temperature) that you can just pour into your pre sterilised bottle. The bottles are like 70p. I don't know about pre making formula yourself though.

Hi

I am also combi feeding and have the perfect prep, and I do what tinkerbell does, I do the bottles all at the same time and then I put the lids on. I was also using the premade formula when out and about.

However I now make a bottle with my prep if I am going out for less than 2 hours. If I am going out for the day, then I get a big bottle of cooled boiled water and a flask of boiling water. I also have the small milk storage pots from tommee tippee. When out and about you can make the bottles just like the perfect prep does. So for 4oz I put in 30ml boiling water, then 4 scoops then top up to 4oz with the cool boiled water. Does this make sense? It took me a while to get my head round it too! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back