Toileting Cat - At Wits End - HELP!

Linzie2012

Reaction score
I've got 3 cats - 2 older & a young one we rescued last October.

She's been spayed past 3 months & is healthy.

But she just does not take to constantly using the litter tray for a wee.

Most times she will go in it & sitting to high to it squirts everywhere all over the wood flooring, So I bought one of them hooded litter trays to help with that. Then with the hooded tray she does inside & sticks her lady bits out the door, again it squirts everywhere.

She also now is weeing in random places throughout the house, it is not spray or little wee's, she tried that before we had her spayed but giant wee's.

I found a few weeks ago she had gone on my OH works T shirt that was folded on the chair for the next day, She had gone in the middle of the sofa, 2 giant living rugs that I had to throw out (Over £200), on our bathroom mat. Some of the items I've caught her in the act especially with the living room rug (2nd) one - she just walked in living room over to the rug & just pee'd. Now this morning upon making my bed & placing on the "Decorative" cosy items she had also gone all over them.

I've now closed off every room apart from the cats "room" (study) & downstairs.

I cannot bear this wee'ing in random places anymore, I'm fed up of smelling cat pee then having to hunt down where its coming from. Plus I'm super house proud so hate coming home from work & a cat wee smell punches you in the face!

I always keep their litter tray fresh because its 3 of them, in which they have a smaller square little tray too so have 2 - But hate her using that one as it goes everywhere !

What to do? I cant be dealing with cat pee in random places when the baby is here. What if she pee's on his towel, clothes, bedding when its needed the most.

At wits end !!! Help Cat People.

PS - My other two are clean & I never had this issue with them.

Not much advice on stopping the behaviour other than peeing indiscriminately can be a sign of pain or UTI's My cousins cat had this issue (especially the pee-ing on the bed bit) and he's very prone to urine infections.

Washing the area with biological washing powder is quite effective at dealing with the smell.

Yes got lots of washing powder that I use just for her.

Had her checked for infections at vets, any pain etc she's fit & well. They said that if it was urine infection she would do more trickling pees as well & more often. Instead of twice a day big wees - if that makes sense.

Not sure where to go next with it. Limited her back to 3 rooms now instead of full house. She tends to be better with less room.

Yes got lots of washing powder that I use just for her.

Had her checked for infections at vets, any pain etc she's fit & well. They said that if it was urine infection she would do more trickling pees as well & more often. Instead of twice a day big wees - if that makes sense.

Not sure where to go next with it. Limited her back to 3 rooms now instead of full house. She tends to be better with less room.

Does she go outdoors or is the house the limit of her territory?

Just a house cat. She has the option to go out but doesn't - she's scared of a fly, her own shadow.

My other two use to go out, but previously we lived at kennels & I could supervise them as they are VERY dog friendly but now I don't know the dogs around us - so they don't go.

Last edited:
Hun, I totally feel ur pain. Our two are rescue cats and used to pee everywhere. Its gross, the Snell is so pungent.

They were house cats, but since we put in a cat flap and let them outside, its stopped completely (well, until we discovered one had peed on the pram, resulting in mad panic, but that's another story)

We also found feliway helped.

Still don't know which one of them it was!

Very best of luck

Xx

Hey sweetie gah cat pee stinks huh!!

Cats generally dont like to pee where they can smell other cats maybe she doesn't like the trays because of that? Hard to segregate them though really.

Have you tried a very deep litter tray with high sides? So she cant miss? A cat of mine used to perch on the lip and poo off the side and a deep tray fixed that as she kept falling off!

Also citrus is a great deterrent for places she has peed before. Maybe the other cats make her anxious and so she is doing it out of worry.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back