Toddler problems!

positivity :)

Reaction score
Does anyone else have a toddler who doesn't listen to 'no'? My DS literally ignores it every single time and he knows what it means. He usually laughs at me no matter what I do to tell him off!

It's like I can't get thru to him that he's doing wrong, he understands and knows he's being naughty but he just doesn't care or isn't in any way concerned about being told off by either me or OH!

Yes. Me.

Don't have much advice for you hun.

I share your pain. :lol:

Tor it's so frustrating isn't it?? When do they grow of this?? Soon? :pray:

I hear ya!!! I've discovered recently the only thing that gets to him is to tell him off as usual but then to tell him to move away from mommy as i dont like naughty boys. He doesn't like me ignoring him at all.

Tapatalking :-D Can't see tickers...

I'm with you in 'no' club!!

No advice either- Harry just does a massive cheesy grin when I say no!!

My LO is the same. I have been telling him no and moving him away but he now sees it as a game and just does the same thing again so I've stopped moving him away x

We don't use no, well we do but it's always followed by an explanations so if she was hitting something against the wall I would say no, we don't hit things on the wall because normally this works no just doesn't cut it x

Same for us too... :-( LO knows exactly which things she shouldn't be doing. She even says 'no!' when she does them before I say it, and then des it anyway. Grrrr!

sorry ladies cant help, ive used a variation of smacking, just a tap on the hand and strongly worded no, ah ah ah reinforcement since alyssa was mobile in her walker and she listens when i say no 90% of the time and is quite well behaved, she does have her rebellious moments and the odd tap on the hand or leg but i hardly ever have to discipline her and she listens really well. i cant say if its the discipline/routine etc or just the way she is but my oh's sister has a boy 3 months younger and he dosent listen either and laughs at no etc and my SIL does try to discipline him and taps his hand i think but dosent seem to do any good, not sure how she does her discipline as im not there much.

anyway i know this isnt for most ppl and wont really help i just thought id share my experience :)

My lo is doing the whole 'I want to do it myself stage' right now.

She has a right little temper on her. I tried to help her load her spoon the other day and she threw her breakfast on the floor :eek:

Oh yes... The 'I can do it myself, thank you!' mentality... We are going through the same, and LO has such a strong will and temper it's unreal. The worst is when she wants to run off, she refuses to hold my hand and won't be held without major struggles. She is such a handful, I just hope she calms down and starts to cooperate soon! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back