Today was the hardest day of my life!!!

Alandria

Reaction score
6-7 years ago I was told that my husband and I would never be able to have children naturally..

Last Tuesday after being really sick I phoned the doctor cause I thought I had taken a reaction to tablets I had been taking or I had some kind of virus.. When I told her the smell of my favourite perfume even made me vomit she said "Are you pregnant?"

I went and done a test on her advice and it was positive.. I was shocked cause it was the last thing I thought it would be.. I went to the doctors later that day and she done tests.. Still didn't believe it and went home and done another test... I was 6 weeks pregnant or there abouts..

On the Thursday I started getting cramps, by the Saturday I was really painful and vomiting so much I wasn't sleeping..

This morning I phoned my GP and told him I had cramps and he told me to go straight to A&E cause due to our fertility problems, he wanted to rule out and ectopic pregnancy.

I went, done a urine sample, ended up on and ECG for some unknown reason and was then transferred to the early pregnancy clinic... They spent 10 minutes looking for a sack and couldn't find it.. The woman doing the transvaginal ultrasound said "There is no sack.. What we need to do now is take bloods, bring you back in a few days and take more. If your levels drop you have miscarried and if they increase, you have an ectopic pregnancy. In which case would would have to end the pregnancy".. She left the room to sort out the blood and then returned about 10 minutes later...

During that time I sobbed my heart out thinking of how cruel life can be losing a baby that i have wanted for so long..

She returned with test bottles and other bits and bobs.. And another woman.. The other woman done another scan and I couldn't look, my whole body was trembling cause I actually felt so upset.. I couldn't look at the screen cause of what I had been told.. All of a sudden she said "There it is".. I still couldn't look and she tapped me saying "Look there's the sack and that little blob in the middle that's moving is your babys heartbeat".. She told me to stop shaking so they could get a clear image of it and measure it... Looks like it was playing hide and seek!

Then I eventually seen a little baby that I wasn't supposed to have. 7.7mm and 6weeks and 4 days pregnant...

I have never felt so upset, so scared, relieved and angry at the same time.. I felt so angry because if blood tests have increased they would have ended my pregnancy for no reason.. Just cause they couldn't find it...

Now just hoping my pregnancy goes well even with the pain cause I don't want to have to go through anything like that again!

This sounds truly awful, and I'm so sorry for what you've had to go through.
but, CONGRATULATIONS! it seems as though you have your little miracle!
Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy, fingers and toes crossed for you honey!

Congratulations! Miracles happen and a heartbeat is very very encouraging. You'll make it I'm sure!

I feel really blessed! Blessed that I actually conceived, that the other woman came in and done another scan and that my little one seems to be progressing alright! :)

I just hope that someone reads this and demands another opinion.. I didn't cause I trust them, I was just lucky.. It makes me wonder how many pregnancies have been ended and women have their heart broken just because it's learned hide and seek so early!

Thank you so much for your you kind wishes! I am so happy right now. I just hope it's all good :)

Wow what a ride you've been on! Goodness me. Congratulations on your miracle bean and I wish you a wonderful remaining 34 weeks :) xx

Wow what an amazing story. Congratulations on your little miracle bean x x x

Lovely story. Congratulations xx

Sent from my GT-I9300

What an awful experience but such a happy outcome! Congratulations and I wish you a happy & healthy 9 months xx

so happy the t=other lady re scanned you CONGRATULATIONS XXX

Oh gosh I don't know what to say except congrats on conceiving that's fantastic and I'm so glad your scan went ok eventually what an experience to go through xxx

Tri hoping ....huge congratulations on your miracle baby.

What a journey you've been on.

My only advice is try and relax and enjoy every minute xx

Awww congratulations that's such good news and thank goodness for the other woman. Just think how many times that could have happened to somebody.

Big congratulations hun. So glad they managed to find your little bean.

Michelle. x

Congratulations!! Miracles do happen which is good to know , I bet you are over the moon :) xx

Congrats! You sound like a very strong person, and am sure you're little bean is strong in there too! :)

xx

Wow that must have been so hard but huuuge congratulations :) got everything crossed for u xx

Thank you ladies! :) I am ecstatic.. Seeing the baby made it feel real for the first time and I just can't wait now :D

What amazing emotional storey!

Huge congratulations to you and your husband xxx

That must have been heart breaking:(
But on the positive note u have a little baby growing inside u:)
A true gift:) xx
Congrats, good luck and enjoy ur pregnancy xx

Congrats.

Did the sonographer who got it wrong apologise?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back