To wait or not to wait

Mummy_13

Reaction score
We currently have DS who is 2 and a half and DD who just turned one. Lately all I seem to think about is when will be best to TTC number 3. We have always wanted more than 2 (3 maybe 4) and after the 18 month age gap between DS and DD I swore we'd leave a longer gap between the next one but then the more I think about it I don't want to leave it too much longer as I don't want DS and DD to be really close and then number 3 all on their own (especially if we don't have any more after that). So we decided that we'd probably start trying around late July/August which would mean there would be just over a 2 year age gap if we fell straight away. But then all I think about is what if we postpone trying but then it takes us forever to be successful, maybe we should start right away incase it takes a while? But then typically what if we start right away and fall pregnant straight away, it would be a smaller gap than we'd like although don't get me wrong obviously we would just be pleased to be blessed with a 3rd baby!
It's happened both ways to us previously, DS took 8 months of TTC (which I know is nothing for some of u poor long term ttcers) but then DD happened straight away which is why we ended up with such a small gap.
Anyway I guess I'm just venting more than anything but any opinions welcome please!

It is one of those situations where you never know what to do isn't it. How old are you? If it were me I would start ttc straight away, but my circumstances are totally different as we are in year 4 ttc our first and I'm 35 this year so time is not on our side and we have agreed to never use contraception again (I shall reassess if we end up with two children!)! If you are still young I think I would wait for nearly a two year gap then start ttc, that way you get slightly longer than the 18 month gap you had before but still have a couple of cycles before hitting a two year gap.

There just isn't a right time, and you can't plan or predict your kids' relationships with one-another. My sister is 9 years younger than I am and she's like my soul mate. My bro is not quite 3 years younger and we are also close but not like me and my sister. So you just never know. I also feel like, if you know you want more, and YOU feel ready-- just go for it. You have no idea how your kids will get along, you only know what YOU want and are ready for. We are expecting baby 3 and our second will be not quite 2 when (s)he's born so it'll be chaotic but mostly it's just exciting and we absolutely can not wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back