To those who have had their babies...

Lulabell

Reaction score
How did your fundal measurement compare to babies birth weight/size? If you measured big, did you have a big baby? Just interested to know how the fundal measurement actually affects the size of your baby.xx

Interesting question as I'm measuring 5 weeks infront :(

I measured anything between 4 and 6cms too big from 25 weeks. My baby was fairly big at 9lbs 5ozs but also had increased fluid.

I measured exactly right for my dates and had an average sized baby (7lb 5). Don't know if that helps though lol!

Last edited:
My measurements never seem to be consistent. When I spent a night in hospital I was measured three times by three different people and my measurements were all different and by three weeks! So I don't really have a lot of faith in whatever measurement they same I am! X

I had a fundal measurement of 37cm when I was 39 + 4 and then proceeded to have an unexpected 9lber so no I don't think the measurement means anything, in my case I just had hardly any fluid (and a big baby!) x

With Josh i was measuring 4 weeks behind (they thought i had low waters) and he was 6lb 13.5oz xx

I was measured Friday night in hospital which put me 2weeks behind, went for a scan today because of it, and baby weighs 5nhalf lb which is just above average for me I believe, wouldn't know without double checking my book. xx

My last app I was measuring 37.5cm and I was 36 weeks and 6 days at the time. On the growth chart it showed I was above the higher limit. Confusing as I thought the cm was relative to how many weeks you are?xx

My last app I was measuring 37.5cm and I was 36 weeks and 6 days at the time. On the growth chart it showed I was above the higher limit. Confusing as I thought the cm was relative to how many weeks you are?xx

This is the same for me - I've consistently measured 2cm more than my number of weeks which I thought was pretty normal as the cm were relative to the number of weeks and have a give or take of a couple of cms. At most it only put me a couple of weeks ahead. But in the charts in my notes I'm way above the higher limit which has been marked in. So today it looks like they've marked it at just under 40 weeks :oooo: I didn't get any explanation from the MW and told not to worry...

I'm figuring it's nothing to worry about and have been told by loads of people it's not that accurate anyway

I haven't had my baby yet but - when i had my growth scan at 36 weeks so they could see if the baby was big or it was water they measured its abdominal circumfrance at 39 weeks which matched up with the measurments of my belly 39cm, a weight of about 7.4 pounds at 36 week lol....
so baby is above the higher limit on the scans and measurments, then today at 38+ 5 im measuring 41 week.
However they have told me not to worry as im big so should have a bigger baby, and my body is designed for my baby. The only difference is they are not going to let me go overdue as much as they normally would incase the baby puts on too much weight. So even if measurments and scans show big it may not really matter in the long run -- my consultant says she thinks the charts are out of date anyway x

I always measured a bit big. Cameron was 7lbs when he was born at 36+6 so I think he'd have been big if we went full term. Any midwife I spoke to didn't rate fundal measurement at all anyway. My last scan was quite accurate 6 days before he was born and predicted 6lbs 12 oz at that time and 6 days later he was 7lbs x

I measured spot on all way through and at 39-41 only was 38cm but had an 8lb7 boy at 40+10

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back