To the ladies who took ages

BabyBrain

Reaction score
Has anyone who took ages to conceive thought about baby number 2? I was talking to my sister the other day and told her the hospital said I am to try for no longer than 6 months after which they will intervene.

I've never wanted an only child, I come from a large family and 2 would be lovely......but how soon is too soon to try for the next? I'm kind of thinking of trying again when Albert is about 9 months to a year. At 34 I certainly don't safely have another 10 years to wait for the next one.

It seems weird to think about it when I am pregnant lol and I am not liking being pregnant very much so why the hell am I thinking of doing it again???? I dunno, maybe I should take up knitting or something lmao xxxxxxxx

id not worry about it and let nature take its course after your bubs is born, that way if its meant to happen it will when the time is right. if it hasnt happened after a year then you havent wasted any time iykwim?
im just gonna leave it and ntnp and see when i fall if i do lol. my mum did it that way and there are 18 months between me and my brother and we always got on sooo well, thats what i want for my kids.

I concieved my little bean via IVF and I'm constantly think about no 2.
We have 4 embryos frozen so have a couple of shots at no 2. I think I'll start trying again after bub is 6 month just in case it takes a while again to concieve. Don't know why Im thinking about this either as I've been so sick with this one!

I started trying after Leo was 6 months old. Got caught on 2nd cycle. Didn't believe it myself, thought it would take another 6 months months again. I am so happy I have I know for me I want a break and defo will be glad that my children will be close. I am 22 atm, parter is 32 so was more paraniod about being an older daddy so he wanted them out of the way before he was 35 x So I was happy to start trying when I did. x

We tried for a long time with Sam. I had a lap and dye which showed that one of my tubes was blocked and the other was at least partially blocked (my appendix ruptured a few years ago and I had severe peritonitis). My ovary on the good side was also surrounded by scar tissue. We decided to start trying when Sam was 7 months old because we didn't want a huge age gap if it took years. 3 months later I was pregnant :shock: We left it longer this time and it took 9 months. I love their age gap though :)

We started trying when mason was 11 months, and got caught on the second cycle, as I did the first time. We tried the same thing when Owen was one but it took us almost exactly a year, which I think I prefer coz I couldn't have coped with another one so soon. But now mason,s in school and it really helps.

It took us quite a long time so at the moment we are not using any contraception (and I am BFing) but trust me, you wont have that much time for sexy time so i reckon it will take us good couple of years :)

there is only 11 half months between my oldest boys and unless u can sleep while awake and have adhd i would recommend waiting 2 yrs between kids.i really dont see how u can give a toddler and a baby all the attention they need and the more kids u have the less attention they get and i really dont think some people really think carefully about this factor when it comes to thier development.i know i didnt consider it i was more concerned that i wouldnt get the chance to be a mother again because of fertility issues.but to be honest my oldest was such a depressive and the youngest so hyper i really didnt make the right choice then thier dad buggered off when youngest was 2.i know iologically we are programmed to want kids but logically dont really stop to always think about why.im 35 and wiser now but tbh im having this child for my partner i dont really want to be starting over when my kids will be doing thier exams next yr and im also a disabled parent so it makes it harder.for those who are preg and havent been through labour and the weeks/months maybe yrs of sleepless days and nites.seriously have a baby first then decide cause u really have no idea what you are in for.

I am completely the same although when I said to OH about the 2nd one he was like what another one :) and I said yes hehe...

I haven't really enjoyed being pregnant but I know at the end of the 9 months I will have something to show for it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back