to heavy to push

Tara & Liam

Reaction score
Hi

I was wondering if anyone can help.

I work in a hospital as a medical secretary and part of my job is to cover when clinic clerks are away, this means pushing a trolley with about 20 sets of notes on average. Some are thick notes and some smaller. I find it quite hard to push this trolley and i have noticed a pain in my side lower down.

does anyone think that it is dangerous to my pregnancy to push this heavy load, i am 29 + 1.

cheers

I take it the hospital have done a risk assessment for you?

The should have noted this aspect of your job, and if the situation changes ie, you are not able to push it without side effects, they should adjust your job accordingly.

Personally I would say don't push it...pushing heavy item is supposed to be quite a dangerous thing to do while pregnant.

I've finished work now, but I worked in a creche (for ages 6 weeks to 16 years) I wasn't even allowed to carry babies, lift a vacuum, I was no longer able to help the little ones in the "wacky warehouse" type room. I was told not to move tables, and had to stay out of the sports hall when the older ones were playing ball games. I was told if I needed a better chair, to let them know and they would get one for me.
I had a big list of adjustments to my job. To be honest I would have expected a hospital of all places would know about these things!

Hi

funny enough i have had a risk assessment and i am sure that this was not covered. i even saw occupational health yesterday but didnt think anything of it. it was only when another member from a different department told me that i shouldnt be pushing that much weight.

i just needed to hear it from somebody else so thanks for that and i wont be pushing the trolley back to my office.

i will have to keep an eye on my side as i am experiencing pulling pains now.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back