To go to the gym or not?

mrssmith2011

Reaction score
Hi everyone just want some advice and don't have a midwife appointment for a couple of weeks. I used to go to the gym (Haven't been for a few months as I broke my ribs). I really want to get back into it and just wanted some advice. I'm 7 and a half weeks pregnant and while I know at some point I will need to slow down I still want to stay active. Thank you for reading everyone :) xxxx

I think your fine to go to the gym but just don't push yourself. Gentle excercise is encouraged but no ab work!!!

Hey mrssmith I used to go to the gym 5 times a week have ran a couple of half marathons so was pretty fit, but during the year Ttc relaxed it loads (more because I lost motivation getting bfn's every month) and so when I got my bfp would say I probably wasn't as fit as i had been.

I was worried therefore about running as I think you loose this fitness quickly, so 10 mins and I washout of breath on treadmill.

I've mainly been swimming, cross trainer and gentle weights for the last month ..... Although done nothing at all this week as feel too sick:-(

I used to go to the gym about 5/6 times a week, before ttc. I calmed down a bit and went around 3 times a week whilst we were trying. I like you wanted to keep it up, but felt that my fitness had dropped. I go about twice a week now and do body pump and running, but that might have to stop soon. I'm thinking of swapping to body balance and swimming instead. It's hard when you've been used to doing loads to then do nothing, especially when your waistline is thickening! x

Yeah I'm pretty much the same as BBaby (it's cos we're bump buddies lol) used to be in great shape doing loads of exercise, boot camp, circuits, gym, running but I defs got out the routine when ttc, regretting that now mind you. Went to the gym last week and just took it a lot easier doing cross trainer and light weights and squats. Also went swimming yesterday. Think it's fine as long as you don't get too out of breath xxx

I used to go to the gym about 5/6 times a week, before ttc. I calmed down a bit and went around 3 times a week whilst we were trying. I like you wanted to keep it up, but felt that my fitness had dropped. I go about twice a week now and do body pump and running, but that might have to stop soon. I'm thinking of swapping to body balance and swimming instead. It's hard when you've been used to doing loads to then do nothing, especially when your waistline is thickening! x

Hi Julesrainbow!

I currently do Body Balance, Pilates, Body Pump and LBT. I want to keep it up as much as poss, but bit worried about the ab tracks for Balance and Pump....if I was further along I would be OK to just ask the instructor, but feel weird announcing my very early pregnancy! Have cancelled my classes for this week, and was gonna see what the doc says when I go, but just not sure.......

What do you think?

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back