To do or Not to do Birth Announcements????

ree77

Reaction score
I'm taking a poll on how everyone feels about sending out birth announcements or is it just a waste of money??? This is my 5th and I didn't do it before but am thinking about doing it now.

xoxo Ree

dont mean to sound thick but what do u mean? send out birth announcements?? :doh:

Here in the states alot of women when they have their baby's they send out birth announcements which are like invitations only it's announcing the birth of your baby letting people know their b-day, how much they weighed, how long they are, what time they were born and the proud parents names. They also usually have the newborns picture on there as well and then you mail them out to everyone you know. I hope I explained it well enough I didn't stop to think that this was something that was only done in the states. Sorry about this ladies! :oops:

xoxo Ree

In America dont they have the baby present giving before the baby is born? If so then its great to send them out but over here I would say people mainly give presents after the birth. I think in that case its kind of like saying, Ive had a baby, give me a present. Thats only my opinion though :D

In America, do people put coins down the side of the pram?

sounds nice, i would, but does it work out expensive?
il put a advert in our evening telegraph in the anounce a birth section
with a lil pic and all the details

Personally I don't think we'll bother to send out cards, a nice idea but i'd rather spend my money else where (on baby :D ),
I see it that the people that you want to know you'd phone and tell anyway and like Dionne said i think we'll put an ad in the local paper for the other people who just aren't important enough!!! :lol: (hope they don't read this : :pray: :shhh: !)

Dionne, I was actually looking at these cards a few days ago, they sell them in Clintons, I think they were about £4.00 for 10 cards, they are nice but expensive.

Nicki.x :D

the good old bush telegraph works well round here. Someone farts and its round the houses by tea time.

No we don't put coins on the side of the pram. It's funny I didn't know what a pram was until the other day!! :oops: As far the baby gift giving we have what's called a baby shower and that is usually done before the baby is born if your child can hold out that long. Then once the baby is born you are given the ocassional gift here and there usually from those who did not attend the baby shower and at the baby shower you are usually given the larger gifts whereas after the baby is born it's usually a smaller gift i.e. an outfit or a small toy.

As far as an expense, I'm not sure what they cost but I think it works out to be $1.30 per announcement. We also have the local paper but that wouldn't work when we have some many people out of state we would be sending them to.

xoxo Ree

Hiya Ree

We had Birth Announcements done when our little boy was born - I think if you have the money to spend on them, they are a lovely thing for friends and family to keep. Most our family framed them. Ours worked out quite expensive, but as the Hospital camera was broken when Ky was born, we didn't have any hospital photos done so these were great first photos too.

Our Birth Announcement Card

RachaelHolden.jpg

Aw thats lovely, he looks like he is peeking over the bottom of the photo.

lauramum01 said:
the good old bush telegraph works well round here. Someone farts and its round the houses by tea time.

Aaahhh, so that was you was it??? :lol: :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back