TMI: Watching sperm through ov-microscope

Discussion in 'Trying to Conceive' started by Esperanza84, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Esperanza84

Esperanza84 Well-Known Member

So - I have been curious to see if this was possible and I've tried a couple of times. I'm going to spare you for the dirty details and jump straight into what I have seen. lol

First time - a couple of months ago I couldn't see much, it almost looked like my saliva when I'm not ferning.

Now, we have put hubby on super zinc supplements, and I could see loads of super tiny things in the fluid...lol! I think I could see some of them moving, but as the microscope is only 40x - it is not easy to say if it was sperm cells or what.

I'm thinking about buying a microscope for children as I think they are better than this one...lol!

Sorry if anyone thought this was groce - I just felt like sharing!

2. twixi

twixi Well-Known Member

That's really interesting, I've wondered if this was possible too! X

3. Cersei

Cersei Well-Known Member

I think it's a brilliant idea lol I'm curious as well now. After reading this I've quickly checked the microscope prices on Amazon :lol: thinking of buying the £17 one (Nat Geo set one) xx

4. Blueflower

Blueflower Well-Known Member

I was thinking of doing that too! Bought one last month, used it on days 11 and 12 but then on days 13 and 14 I had a cup of tea without thinking, so it was too late! Maybe I'll look at sperm instead! ;)

5. Esperanza84

Esperanza84 Well-Known Member

I really think the ovulation microscope is too bad as it is the size of an lipstick and it is really suppose to be used with dry saliva:)

Let me know girlies if any of you try this and tell me what u see:)

I also saw some black dots but I think these where air bubbles!! Lol

6. cornishfairy

cornishfairy Well-Known Member

Ooh interesting to hear you saw something! My hubby already thinks I've lost the plot with ttc so i'm sure if I start looking at his jizz under a microscope he'll have me committed... That's not to say I wouldn't love to have a look though and see what's going on! X