- TMI Sorry - How long did you..

LouiseH

Reaction score
How long did you bleed for after birth?
I know everyones diffo but I'm just wondering what I may have in store!
Also, did you have a vaginal birth or csection?

See at the moment I've been bleeding for 2 weeks 5 days.
Its been quite light (Well in comparison to what I had expected & been told) Some days I'm so light I think that I'm at the end of it.. Then BOOM! Its back again :(

Like this morning it was super light, and brown (Like the last day of your period sorta thing!) And then within about an hour I was bleeding red blood again?

So yeah..
How long did you bleed?
What type of birth did you have?
Were you heavy/light, etc?
And how long after you stopped bleeding did you get your first period?

Sorry for the TMI ladies xx

I was about 5 weeks post c section. Mine would vary depending on how active I was that day, the more active, the more I had.

Hey Louise,

My bleeding tailed off a little after 2 weeks, but a heavy flow returned after 3 weeks - I think I was doing too much though to be honest. It finally stopped at about 4.5 weeks.

I had a failed VB / failed ventouse arrempts / emergency c sect.

JJ was 10 weeks yesterday...still no sign of my first period! I have had odd cramp, but that's it really!

xxx

How long did you bleed? about 10 days
What type of birth did you have? Normal vaginal delivery, no tears or grazes
Were you heavy/light, etc? Heavy for a few days then like a normal period
And how long after you stopped bleeding did you get your first period? James was 8 weeks and I got period just as I stopped expressing 100% of feeds.

Your first period will depend on if you BF or not as well.

xxxx

Last edited:
Baby no.1 I bled for about 3 weeks, baby no.2 I bled for just 5 days!! I then had my 1st period 6 weeks later and bled for 4 weeks which was the rest coming out (I had no idea this could happen!)

Both vaginal deliveries, baby no.1 was an episiotamy and forceps delivery with 2 tears, baby no.2 no tears and no assistance.

Heavy with both until it stopped but the 4 weeks with baby no.2 i'd say were medium before stopping.

!st period came roughly 6 weeks post birth with both babies.

With Harry I had a vaginal birth and had a small tear. I bled for about 4 weeks-ish then had my first period again after about 6 weeks :) xxx

How long did you bleed? About 7 weeks
What type of birth did you have? Vaginal and 2 nd degree tear with stitches.
Were you heavy/light, etc? Very heavy to start with but had above normal blood loss and anaemia.
And how long after you stopped bleeding did you get your first period? A week!

Bled for 5 weeks. The first 2 tp 3 were heavy.. Vaginal birth with episiotomy and forceps . first period was about 5 weeks later.

I bled for two weeks very heavily then off and on for six weeks after that. I had an assisted birth with ventouse, forceps and an episiotomy ended up with 30 stitches so not surprised I bled for a while.

Normal period came when Toby was five months as I bf'd until he was diagnosed as lactose intolerant at 7 weeks old.

Hope you heal quickly x

So yeah..
How long did you bleed? About 6 weeks
What type of birth did you have? Vaginal - normal delivery
Were you heavy/light, etc? Wavy for a few day then just like a normal period. Stopped after 2 weeks then came back again
And how long after you stopped bleeding did you get your first period? Still waiting :clock:

Sorry for the TMI ladies xx[/QUOTE]

Tapatalking!

How long did you bleed?bled for just over 2 weeks
What type of birth did you have?vaginal birth but needed hormone drip for the last 2 hours as contractions slowed
Were you heavy/light, etc?stupidly heavy for just over a week then changed to brown but red flow would return the more active i was that day
And how long after you stopped bleeding did you get your first period?Got my first period bang on 28 days after birth! So 2 weeks after i stopped bleeding

How long did you bleed? About 5/6 weeks
What type of birth did you have? C-section
Were you heavy/light, etc? Really heavy to begin with, but got lighter within a couple of weeks. I always found it got really heavy after I'd been overdoing it.
And how long after you stopped bleeding did you get your first period? 6 weeks

I bled for 4 weeks after Ava
had normal birth
varied on what i was doing but i was heavy for juat ocer 2 weeks
had my period a week later and have been regular ever since! X

How long did you bleed? 3 weeks
What type of birth did you have? Vaginal
Were you heavy/light, etc? It varied. The first week was super heavy. The second week it tailed off, but then the third it went back to heavy and then stopped again.
And how long after you stopped bleeding did you get your first period? I haven't had a period yet, but that is probably because I'm breastfeeding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back