Tmi....Piles :(

Emmam1982

Reaction score
33 years old, 5th pregnancy and first ever time I've had piles.
Omg so painful...what can I get over the counter? Obv not gonna get to a gp until next week and they're gonna get worse, they've gone from been just an achy bit to full on grape! Help!

You'll get annusol, should get that under minor ailment free from your pharmacy..

They say a pile peaks for 72hr. I always find a warm bath helped squat and make sure you pat dry thoroughly then apply the cream and I always found no pants to bed comfier.

Anti inflammatory tablets help too, ibuprofen etc.

I found using baby wipes to clean and reapply cream as it's quite thick. I'd just clean with a baby wipe, pat dry will loo roll then reapply cream and I'd do that like 3 times a day.

It does actually help relieve itchiness and pain, time, keeping your stools soft(senna if constipated) and regular, hydration and ibuprofens are the best solution.

I got them in pregnancy and still have a flare up of 1 wee tiny skin tag that was left behind. I have a sitting job which doesn't help. They do shrink but the pain can be bloody unbearable. Esp if ur constipated or have the runs.

Hope you feel better soon.

xxxx

Last edited:
Im sure you cannot take ibruprofen when pregnant x

You can if it is a one off dose and used for anti inflammatory purposes.

My Gp was the one who gave me the advice. The preferred drug of choice is paracetamol which in this case would help with pain, not swelling of blood cells.

If your unsure consult your GP as I did. Im sure the Gp would know what their doing ;)

xxxx

If you have Sudocrem in the house it'll help for tonight until you can get to a chemist. I had an alien butt friend in my last pregnant and only used sudocrem to treat it. Helped to push the lil ******* back in!

Oh no sorry your suffering. I had this horrendously last week. I wasn't sure if you could use anything for it because I got anusol but it said do not use in pregnancy but it says you can on the Internet. Anyway I didn't bother with it in the end! What did help was a bath and doing lots of pelvic floor squeezes x it does make it feel better straight away after some pelvic floor squeezes. Hope you have relief soon they are not nice!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back